New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Sira old school diesel kapag binaba pa lalo ang sulfur content.

Goodluck sa injection pump hehe

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Those engines WILL STILL RUN. Yes, sure they will. But at the expense of premature wear of fuel injection mechanicals. Sulfur adds lubricity to diesel fuels of yore. Lower the sulfur, and those mechanical injection diesel engines will just grind themselves to death.

Kawawa si Manong Operator kaka-pa overhaul ng injection pump nya.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^all mechanical components wear down thats why cars depreciate in value

Youll be surprised surplus engines are more resilient than you claim with the sulfur content ekek thing

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Whatever floats your boat sir. I wont argue with you.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Parang nung time na fully implemented ang unleaded gas sa pinas (mid 90s)

A number of old cars conked out. Ours included due to premature valve damage. Wala na lead that lubricates the valves.

Had to have the engines overhauled and replace with hardened valves.

Ganun din effect ng pagbaba ng sulfur sa diesel engines. Yung injection pump nga lang affected ng added friction and heat.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

Whatever floats your boat sir. I wont argue with you.
    Likewise

Better fuel nga eh, produced by the best scientific mind tapos less lubricant pa ang logic
    Last edited by kisshmet; June 2nd, 2017 at 07:42 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    anybody using Total fuels here? Any feedback? parang puro Unioil at Seaoil lang may feedbacks sa users. pero parang walang Total? Mukhang mas maganda ang fuel ng Total since it is a big company in France.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by teegust View Post
    anybody using Total fuels here? Any feedback? parang puro Unioil at Seaoil lang may feedbacks sa users. pero parang walang Total? Mukhang mas maganda ang fuel ng Total since it is a big company in France.
    like any gas or diesel, they all have a base and additives. they all work naman..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    like any gas or diesel, they all have a base and additives. they all work naman..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    it means that Total Fuels are not that bad naman? its just that mahina marketing nila and kokonti service station nila kaya hinde gano tinatangkilik? parang mga jeepney lang nakikita ko nag papakarga sa kanila pag may nakikita ako total service station.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by teegust View Post
    it means that Total Fuels are not that bad naman? its just that mahina marketing nila and kokonti service station nila kaya hinde gano tinatangkilik? parang mga jeepney lang nakikita ko nag papakarga sa kanila pag may nakikita ako total service station.
    Despite being a global multinational and the 5th largest in the world, Total doesn't have as much a presence in the Philippines with just a few stations hence the low marketing spending.

That said, they're still bigger than Unioil which has less than 50 stations nationwide. Unioil did a really good job being the first to market Euro 4 fuels, but now it's a level playing field.

On your question regarding the quality of their fuels, they're good enough to serve as the base fuel for Caltex and Shell in some areas in Luzon. The additives are also as good as other multinationals (Shell, Caltex, and Total are the only global multinational fuel brands in the country).

Bottomline - go ahead and try Total.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Likewise

Better fuel nga eh, produced by the best scientific mind tapos less lubricant pa ang logic
    It is said that although the sulfur content was reduced, lubricity was restored through other means by way of a lubricity additive.... Infineum and Lubrizol comes to mind.

Sulfur in exhaust gasses 'poisons' catalytic converters and DPF. Your vehicle's emissions systems will last far longer within spec (ie. maintains efficiency in cleaning up emissions for the life of the vehicle) when sulfur in exhaust gasses are reduced. If sulfur starts bonding to the cat or DPF, these emission devices would start to fail and stop working.
    Last edited by oj88; July 18th, 2017 at 06:29 PM.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast