New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    Nakapag-try ka na ba magpa-waive ng annual fee ng SBC cashback credit card mo?
    Sinisingil na ako ngayon ng annual fee eh, pero di ko pa natatawagan.
    Hindi kaya talaga waive after nung first year free annual (if tama recall ko).

So basically offsetting lang. if namaximize mo yung 1k per month rebate, 12k rebate sa ccard bill. less annual fee of 3k, still enough naman i feel.

basically nabawasan lang ng 250php per month yung naclaim ng rebate mo over 12 month period if you want to look at it like that. Pero since immediate nga yung rebate naman na credit sa bill mo, parang naging usable for you yung funds for the first 11 months... dun ka lang sa 12th month need magbayad... so may benefit pa din onti.

I think most credit cards na may cash back, ganun talaga, pahirapan magpa waive ng annual fee unless mataas annual spend mo na, pero pahirapan talaga. Citibank alam ko if more than 1 card ka na sa kanila, wala na waive waive ng annual fee sa kanila.

HSBC ngyn may apply online for free for life na walang annual fee, but basically good for caltex lang yun. Yung cashback ni HSBC for Food purchases lang na 5% rebate naman, 0.5% for other purchases. max rebate per month is 1200php per month. Annual fee, if sinigilin ka naman nila 2500php. =)

Hope it helps.

Amex Cashback is only 1%, Unionbank Cashback is only 1.5%. Alam ko for both Amex and Union no limit sa rebate makuha mo per month, if I'm not mistaken. Walang limitation kung sang purchase yung Amex Cashback. Not sure sa Unionbank. =)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    My additional advice for some more savings is try to apply for a Security Bank Cashback Credit Card.

Fuel transactions get 4% rebate. so, like yung sabi mo sa mindanao avenue. 40.25php per liter, less 2.50per liter yung charge slip mo sa resibo. Swipe with security bank cashback card (Assuming updated yung BDO terminal and hindi hihingi ng pin), e di, magiging around 36.24php per liter.

Rebate is given on the statement date, maximum of 1000php rebate per month/statement date.

Syempre hindi naman karamihan din biyahe worth 25000 php worth of fuel per month para maximize yung 1000php rebate per month.

Pwede din yung cashback gamitin for grocery, 5% rebate naman of what you charge to it.

If online ccard ka nagbabayad ng globe, 3% rebate naman. hehe!

So food transactions, 2% rebate siya naman.

But remember grocery 5% rebate. If kumain ka sa landers or SnR, 5% rebate pa din. Kasi grocery yung code nung Credit Card Terminals nila. So treated as grocery purchase siya. FYI lang. Di ko lang natry sa outside SnR Pizza outlets nila kung 5% din makuhang rebate.

Well, assuming meron na siya. Nagstop kasi sila ng issuance ng Cashback Card last year dahil nga sa issue with BDO terminals na hindi updated. It reads it as a Debit Card kaya humihingi ng Pin yung ibang terminal. But now, dumami na updated, mas hindi ako nahihingan ng pincode.

Please note, yung 4% rebate on Fuel, any Gas Station Brand. So kahit Caltex pa yan, talo yung HSBC mo na 3%. Kahit na Shell, talo din yung Citibank na 3%. But, if Shell ka nga nag pagas, may ibang Shell Stations, present your Rewards Card ng BDO, may discount tulad ng original SnR discounts on Fuel, 3php sa gas, 2php sa diesel sa alala ko. Pero hindi lahat. Ang isang shell station na meron ito yung Shell Quezon Avenue, sa Quezon City, harap ng Sto Domingo. Between Banawe and Araneta. =)
    OT: May limit both CitiCashBack at SCB up to P12K rebate per month.

Pero sa EWBank,- no limit on rebate - 5% rebate on grocery, gasoline and drugstore purchases + 0.3% for all other purchases

3. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Pero sa EWBank,- no limit on rebate - 5% rebate on grocery, gasoline and drugstore purchases + 0.3% for all other purchases
    May kailangan bang certain amount of "other purchases" para ma-avail yung 5% rebate ng EWBank?

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

OT: May limit both CitiCashBack at SCB up to P12K rebate per month.

Didn't know about EWBank Cashback, basically this is the Hyundai Mastercard correct?
    EastWest Bank | credit cards | Hyundai Mastercard | Benefits and Privileges - [EastWestBanker.com]

Per the site, the limit is also 1000php per month. But the rebate itself is either a Hyundai Voucher or Rustans Voucher when claimed, so not as flexible as SECB

Correction of SCB, it is 12k php rebate per year, meaning 1k per month max. I am a cardholder of SCB. The cashback of Citibank, I forgot if you need an initial purchase/spending requirement per month to avail of the 6% rebate. But here is the page.

Citi Cash Back Card | Credit Card with Everyday Rebates/Cashback - Citi Philippines

Per that, you need to have 10k php non grocery purchase first to get the 6% on grocery rebate per month. This is required as well as availing of the rebate via text, so it is also not automatic like SCB which is one of the convenience I like with basically no restrictions, autocredit to the billing period. =)

Hope it helps.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Nakargahan ko na ng worth 25 liters yung D-Max ko.

Performance wise I couldn't tell the difference.

Smell wise, di ganun kabaho yung amoy from the tailpipe.

Naghahanap na ko ng paraan pano magregister sa SnR for the discount,

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Update lang since I could no longer edit my above post, i've noticed that I seem to produce less power with the Unioil Euro5 diesel compared to Caltex diesel.

At the expressway I could only manage to hover around 70-75km/h with my usual light foot on the pedal (20km/l instant fuel consumption reading). Went back to refuel with the other brand fuel and I could do 80km/h easily at 20km/l fuel reading.

The other difference seems to be that with Euro5 I could no longer smell the stinky fumes from the tailpipe compared to when using Euro4 diesel. My truck is Euro2 rated and has no DPF (diesel particulate filter) so it really has that diesel fume smell. Thats one positive for Unioil Euro5, clean burning. But the slightly lower power output makes me think about which I value more, the environment? Or more power?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
    Update lang since I could no longer edit my above post, i've noticed that I seem to produce less power with the Unioil Euro5 diesel compared to Caltex diesel.

At the expressway I could only manage to hover around 70-75km/h with my usual light foot on the pedal (20km/l instant fuel consumption reading). Went back to refuel with the other brand fuel and I could do 80km/h easily at 20km/l fuel reading.

The other difference seems to be that with Euro5 I could no longer smell the stinky fumes from the tailpipe compared to when using Euro4 diesel. My truck is Euro2 rated and has no DPF (diesel particulate filter) so it really has that diesel fume smell. Thats one positive for Unioil Euro5, clean burning. But the slightly lower power output makes me think about which I value more, the environment? Or more power?
    tuff decision, there.
    my recommendation: go environment, and forget doing 80. it's probably also safer.
    heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is also an inconsistency with unioil diesel, depending on which station you fill up. Whenever i fill up from unioil edsa proj 7 station my starex engine sound is "garalgal" and response is a bit sluggish than normal. But if i fill up at unioil quezon ave (near d. Tuazon) and unioil mindanao avenue (near t.sora) the engine noise is "pino" and more responsive and seem to have more power. Twice ko na nasubok yung diesel sa unioil edsa proj 7 and i will avoid filling from there again.

My routine is 3-4 full tanks of unioil and 1 full tank of caltex (for the cleaning effect of techron). Di kasi maiwasan idling for long periods as the kids don't have the same out time from school.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    this is exactly what i observed on our Innova diesel, there is no stinky fumes compare sa petron diesel na ang baho ng fumes, lalo yun turbo diesel mas mabaho pero mas may hatak or maybe placebo effect ko lang kasi premium diesel.

even when unioil is only on euro 4 hinde mabaho yun fumes, kasing amoy niya mga usok ng bus sa Singapore. in terms of power i feel mas may power ang unioil compare sa petron.

the only thing i notice sa turbo diesel ng petron compare sa unioil is mas pino ng konti ang tunog ng makina.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Danils View Post
    Hello everyone,,
    I find UniOil's 95 better than Shell's 95 Vpower.haha
    This is just me since I know how my car runs so might be different for others

Question, if I still have 95ron gas remaining and suddenly filled up 97ron, will it damage the engine?
    I tried to search online but I got mixed opinions.
    I asked this because sometimes the gas station ran out of 95 and needed to fill up gas..
    ok lang yan.
    all gasolines are supposed to be mix-and-match with each other, as long as they do not go lower than the engine's requirements.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast