New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Unioil is a big player din. And at least dun sa pinag-papakargahan ko malaki at malinis yung pwesto nila. And as far as i know di naman sila binabaha. With my previous carburated ride, di ko naman napansin na nag-knock ang makina ko, unlike dun sa isang Petron station na although mura nga pansin ko eh medyo me knocking pag sa kanila ako nagpakarga. Between Shell and Unioil my choice boils down to just the economics of it.

Well, ang medyo wary ako yung mga off-brands like Re-Phil, Tiger, Xevron... etc., both sa linis ng produkto at pump calibration.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Unioil is a big player din. And at least dun sa pinag-papakargahan ko malaki at malinis yung pwesto nila. And as far as i know di naman sila binabaha. With my previous carburated ride, di ko naman napansin na nag-knock ang makina ko, unlike dun sa isang Petron station na although mura nga pansin ko eh medyo me knocking pag sa kanila ako nagpakarga. Between Shell and Unioil my choice boils down to just the economics of it.

Well, ang medyo wary ako yung mga off-brands like Re-Phil, Tiger, Xevron... etc., both sa linis ng produkto at pump calibration.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Medyo misleading pala yung title: akala ko tungkol sa klase ng gasolina!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Nakakainis lang ugali ni TS. I assume mas may pinagaralan ka kaysa kay gas boy so dapat ikaw ang umunawa sakanya. And it does not mean na porkit customer ka vip na ang trato sayo. Mas mababa nga ang pinagaralan e so baka di nya alam ang customer service. Basta ginagawa lang nya ang trabaho nya

I understand your point. Ang angas nga ng pagkakasabi nya. Kahit ako medyo maiinis din ako. Pero mas maangas ginawa mo. Just saying

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Brief history - Shell ang first na nagintroduce ng safety rule na yan to turn off your engine before filling up. All other gas stations followed suit. However, what differentiates Shell among other gas companies is that they're really strict with safety standards. Caltex is also strict with their standards, but since most of their stations are now managed by branded wholesalers rather than Chevron themselves, the service quality has severely declined over the past few years.

You might be asking, why do they ask you to turn off your engine anyway? 2 main reasons:

1. In the case of a misfill (unleaded loaded into a diesel car or vice versa), it's much easier if the engine is off since the fuel is just in the tank so you just drain it and you're good to go. But once it already enters your fuel line, it's much costlier to fix and will be a big hassle for both the dealer and the customer.

2. There have been cases wherein a car catches fire because the engine is left running while filling. Most recently on FB: https://www.facebook.com/OMGParadise...9048036451619/

So what should be the policy when customers don't wanna shut their engine off? It actually depends on how strict the dealer or territory manager is.

Personally, I always recommend to always exercise courtesy when implementing safety rules. Always ask them nicely to turn their engine off. However, you can't avoid having people who really won't - there are a variety of excuses running from "mainit" to "hindi magsstart yung kotse" to "magagalit pasahero ko".

Others will teach their stations to turn away customers like these. However, sayang naman benta and it leaves a bad impression. What I suggest for stations is to simply say, "sige po sir, pero ihahanda ko lang po fire extinguisher in case magkaaksidente".

Interestingly, this line frequently works to convince customers that there's a real danger. For those that remain adamant on keeping their engine running, at least there's already an added safety precaution by having the FEx ready.

Also, Unioil isn't a big player. They have less than 50 stations. The company was just an offshoot when its owner (Paul Co) had a spat with Phoenix's Dennis Uy. They just entered the market properly by banking on Euro IV and convincing people that their fuel is better than everyone elses. But overall, wala pang 1% ang market share ng Unioil.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    ^ everything went smoothly until the child shut the door.

Ang problema pag masyadong strick ang gas station is mawawalan talaga sila ng customer dahil di lang ang makina ang pinapatay kasama pati cellphone.

Lahat ng shell station na pinapagasan ko sa area ko including the other players ay di na nila pinapapatay ang makina ng sasakyan. Mas nakakatakot ang static electricity and since mga gas boys naman ang nag kakarga ng gas natin eh very minimal to none ang problema natin dyan.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    One time I bought kerosene from Shell but was denied cuz I only brought a plastic container. It should be tin can or the likes. And there's CCTV to ensure their compliance. That shows how sincere they are with regard to safety.

Once upon a time, there was this promo by Unioil that if you gas up xxx amount you will get a limited edition toy car. When I claimed the toy, there were customers returning their deffective toys. I was disappointed cuz the toy was made from very cheap plastic. True enough after more than a week the toy broke. Since then I never went back to Unioil. I wonder what kind of quality standards they have.

About our TS here, she could improve her manners as she matures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1444399684462.jpg  

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    One time sa Shell C5 nagpapakarga ako ng Grand Starex namin papunta kami ng st Lukes BGC non. Sinabi ng attendant na off daw engine. I declined sinabi ko may patient ako sa loob na hinihika. Pumayag naman siya. Dapat maayos dn ang pakiusap pag ganoon

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    may mga gasoline stations na di na nagpapatay ng engine, pero ako, kahit wag na nila sabihan, kusa ko ng pinapapatay yung engine.

regarding naman sa pagswitch off ng mobile phones, wala pa naman akong naexperience na pinapatay saken yung phone ko.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    may mga gasoline stations na di na nagpapatay ng engine, pero ako, kahit wag na nila sabihan, kusa ko ng pinapapatay yung engine.

regarding naman sa pagswitch off ng mobile phones, wala pa naman akong naexperience na pinapatay saken yung phone ko.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast