New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Now that V-power diesel is extinct at least for the time being, I tried Total's low sulfur (daw) diesel. Power seems the same as the other regular diesels but I noticed a bit more smoke. Have any of you guys tried this brand? Inputs would be appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I've tried it a good number of times, and I've been happy with it. I have smoke with most of the diesels especially when I drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic, and the car is on idle most of the time. And so when I go for more spirited driving, the 1st moment where there's sudden acceleration, it will be mausok. I guess the carbon deposits are just being pumped out of the exhaust system. Otherwise, wala naman if acceleration (or high RPM) is continuous.

I've used Total before Shell V-Power came out and I liked the performance. I noticed lesser power with Total diesel when I switched back from V-Power diesel though. Now, I'm back to Shell V-Power again.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear Sirs:

If your diesel blows black smoke during hard acceleration this is definitely NOT normal - have the fuel and air system checked.

Technically this is called óverdelivery'.

Total Diesel