New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bolantoy View Post
    They're talking about the diesel variant here, not the petrol one. I'm getting 8 kms/liter in my gen 3 diesel pajero city driving. It really is the most fuel efficient in its class. JMO...
    I stand corrected.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    sir are you using manual or A/T? what model po? kase we are planning on getting one.i want to make sure that we get the best buy for our money-durability and fuel efficiency!tnx...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Not all details you read on reviews on paper can be achieved under normal driving situations. This is especially particular on fuel economy drives sometimes known as "eco runs".

Although they should have some figures documented (and yes, they do ... with all those disclaimers written in really small font), they are not done in real-world driving conditions.

I wrote my last auto review several months ago for the compact MPV mentioned below, and that was my last story so far ... and never have bought Top Gear PH since.

[SIZE=1]I used to write for a motoring page of a daily paper back on college days about 3 or 4 years ago. We had an eco-run for a new 1800 Japanese-badged (but actually it's Indonesian) MPV which claimed best and highest at 47 km/liter (I know, it's crazy but they have documented it) at the highest on 95 octane gas. I know how the winning team did it (I was there) and you wouldn't call that driving. Yes, they won cash. And man, one of them was from TGP.[/SIZE]

Last edited by isa1023; June 7th, 2010 at 08:16 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Top Gear Top 10 Fuel Efficient Cars... wala ang XWIND!!!