New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Oo nga ano, bakit wala yung Isuzu sa listahan? Fuel efficiency has been their USP for as long as I can remember.

Could it have something to do with Crosswind exhausts being reportedly prone to damage? They must have figured that this cancels out the Isuzu engine's inherent fuel efficiency.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Exhausts are always fixed under warranty, and a flex-pipe takes care of the problem easily.

Maybe they tested a Crosswind with an exhaust leak? That causes numbers to go down horribly.

Likely hindi pa nila na-drive yung Getz CRDi, bago pa lang siya, so that's understandable, but the lack of data regarding compacts is... buwisit!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    The RAV4 SV can do 15km/L on a highway based on my experience, and just about the same as the XTRAIL's in terms of city petrol consumption.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dont worry guys..the editor in chief reads tsikot.com.hehehehe

makakarating

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Hindi na siguro sinama yung RAV 4 SV dahil papalitan na to this year diba at hindi sila nakahiram ng Accord 2.4 sa test na yan.Wala pa dyan yung Accent at Getz CRDi dahil nung December lang nilabas yan diba at two or maybe three months ago pa yang test nila na yan...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    may xwind kme, but i havent tested its consumption yet. pero alam ko matipid. kse alam ko before i went to tagaytay and back with 200pesos worth of gas. around 20+ ung diesel nun.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rodski
    At 870Kg weight with simple technology and low aquisition cost, the picanto sure did show it could match and exceed the latest high tech competion. The simplier the machinery the less parts to break down is my motto when it comes to basic car requirements.

The best damn desicion I made when I bought my picanto for my wife last Sept '04 * P330K. Hell at P415K its still a good buy. That is if you need just a basic car.

Rodski
    how about safety? did you consider this also?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    You never consider safety when buying a cheap car. Yun ang unang unang tinatanggal to lower the cost.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    of course in other countries, the Picanto has standard airbags.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    I believe the numbers of the X-Trail, no problem there, as it's the most modern of the 2.0s in CUVs (iVTEC notwithstanding) but I'm wondering if the RAV4 might not drink less, given it has the only 1.8 in the class, and a lighter body.
    though based on the post of X-Trail owners, the numbers posted are VERY optimistic...

but the Rav4 SV (1.8L) is known for frugality... based on the post of some SV owners, city driving is around 10km/L... then 15km/L and above for highway.

the 2.0L M/T will also give it some competition... in the worse driving condition (sleeping in the car for hours due to flood) I've recorded just 7 km/L. normal consumption for me is around 8-9km/L, driving through EDSA traffic and then cruising between 120-140kph in the highway everyday.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Top Gear Top 10 Fuel Efficient Cars... wala ang XWIND!!!