New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2012
    The thread of Ghost Hunter’s, “News: Something very wrong with LPG fueled taxis” was an eye opener
    on the plight of drivers who had contracted lung disease from ingesting lpg fumes.

The problem is not simple as it seems because of the inability of repaimen to detect gas leakage. The human ear is not sensitive to detect these fumes as the frequency of escaping gas under pressure fall on the upper band of sound(15khz and up). Many persons couldn’t detect faint sounds even down to 10khz. We need a special instrument called an ultrasonic detector that will detect and amplify these frequencies. This device can also help detect escaping AC gases and other apps.

I am calling on GH to assist the repairmen in detecting these leakages. GH is the best proponent of LPG fueled engines due to his five threads on LPG conversions. If there are no commercial models on the market, I am willing to email anyone the parts list of an improved USdetector, assemble the unit and send back the prototype, free of charge. I’ll send the unit thru JRS/LBC, free, too. This proto could then be copied by the workshops and start repairing these defective LPG pipes/fittings. (Sana may commercial model diyan sa ciudad.)

Please, please, please help the drivers of LPG-fed taxis. Ilayo niyo sila sa health-threatening/life-threatening lung diseases. I’ve smoked 2 pacs of Marlboro in my younger days, that’s why I am suffering from severe asthma attacks once in a while. I understand that inhaling the deadly fumes of LPG is 4-5 time deadlier. For asthma sufferers, imagine the condition of a sufferer 4-5 times more pronounced. Marami talaga ang mamamatay dito.

Sana, we can help them, ASAP. Maraming salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The so-called LPG related symptoms are NOT linked to LPG.

As mentioned in a previous discussion thread, this is more of a case of SICK BUILDING SYNDROME.

LINK to the main auto-LPG thread: http://tsikot.com/forums/car-economy...7/index28.html

I suggest you read all of the discussions in a particular thread before jumping on any form of bandwagoning.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    my offer still stand, sir. i read your thread and it is mentioned that the problem is due to the failure of repairmen to detect leaking gas.

if this is just a case of mass hysteria, so be it. i am still concerned with the agony of the said drivers.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    may lpg leak detector naman talaga ah...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by light2light View Post
    my offer still stand, sir. i read your thread and it is mentioned that the problem is due to the failure of repairmen to detect leaking gas.

if this is just a case of mass hysteria, so be it. i am still concerned with the agony of the said drivers.
    Taxi garages with LPG fed cabs should have a LPG leak detector.

Auto-LPG installation shops and Auto-LPG refueling stations have them. It is a free service.

There is no problem.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I move to close this thread.

Should we help the drivers of LPG-fed taxis with defective LPG installations?