New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Noted on that but based on visual, parang mas well kept ang stations ng shell sa metro. Im hoping this translates to their quality control in terms of handling and storing their fuels. Although cannot find anything negative with unioil, you think its worth shifting to shell based on their qc in handling and storage vs a smaller player like unioil?

Basing my assumptions on the fact that shell is multinational and a bigger more established player...
    I have always said that more than the fuel itself, it's most likely the station's UGTs and pumps that could be the weakest links in preventing contamination.

Definitely, multinationals have the strictest policies when it comes to proper wetstock management. To be fair though, Petron also has stringent measures laid out. The difference is always in the implementation. Stations in metro manila are very well-kept. Stations in the province, even if it's a multinational, can still be mismanaged and have poor wetstock control, and some even dump (get fuel from shady sources).

But if you were to wager on a particular brand, yes, sticking with the big ones is a safe bet. I have nothing against Unioil and other emerging players, I even use their fuel occasionally. But I do know that not all stations and standards are equal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I have always said that more than the fuel itself, it's most likely the station's UGTs and pumps that could be the weakest links in preventing contamination.

Definitely, multinationals have the strictest policies when it comes to proper wetstock management. To be fair though, Petron also has stringent measures laid out. The difference is always in the implementation. Stations in metro manila are very well-kept. Stations in the province, even if it's a multinational, can still be mismanaged and have poor wetstock control, and some even dump (get fuel from shady sources).

But if you were to wager on a particular brand, yes, sticking with the big ones is a safe bet. I have nothing against Unioil and other emerging players, I even use their fuel occasionally. But I do know that not all stations and standards are equal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for this

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    I have read somewhere, can remember kung saan dito, that euro4 diesel is not ideal for vehicles with old engines like the crosswind. I own one, kaya tanong ko muna sa inyo mga sir kung ok bang gamitin ko itong Eu4 diesel ng shell for my ride para bawas usok (yun naman purpose ng euro4 tama ba? mas malinis na diesel?).

wala po bang masamang epekto ito sa mga old school diesel engines?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pdx View Post
    I have read somewhere, can remember kung saan dito, that euro4 diesel is not ideal for vehicles with old engines like the crosswind. I own one, kaya tanong ko muna sa inyo mga sir kung ok bang gamitin ko itong Eu4 diesel ng shell for my ride para bawas usok (yun naman purpose ng euro4 tama ba? mas malinis na diesel?).

Wala. Yung iba either missinformed or praning lang.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by pdx View Post

My old Isuzu truck with an old school 4HG1 motor has been using Euro 4 Petron diesel for at least 3 months now. Ok naman, not much difference except less smoke. Not that it was smoky to begin with.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Question lang po:
    In the future, kung lahat ng station/fuel ay Euro4 na at ito ay emission standard compliant fuels,
    Dapat na bang tanggalin ang Emission Testing sa pag-renew ng rehistro ng sasakyan?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vubando View Post
    Question lang po:
    In the future, kung lahat ng station/fuel ay Euro4 na at ito ay emission standard compliant fuels,
    Dapat na bang tanggalin ang Emission Testing sa pag-renew ng rehistro ng sasakyan?
    hindi siguro.
    the emission testing is more for the condition of the engine, and less for the quality of the fuel.
    a tired engine will produce more pollution using even the best of fuels.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    hindi siguro.
    the emission testing is more for the condition of the engine, and less for the quality of the fuel.
    a tired engine will produce more pollution using even the best of fuels.
    What do you mean with "tired engine"?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Another reason why Euro 4 is being phased in is so that new Diesel cars that have elaborate emissions systems can be sold here.

Otherwise, the high sulfur content of Euro 2 fuels will destroy or at the least shorten the life of those expensive emission systems.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    What do you mean with "tired engine"?
    engines whose space and/or adjustment tolerances have gone beyond factory allowances.. either because they have not been maintained (tuned up) properly, or, kelangan nang palitan ang ibang piyesa, o buong uber-howl because of wear and tear.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast