New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Diba we heard that the E10 being sold has bad effects in the long run for our engines? I wonder if switching to a RON 95+ like Petron Blaze will add protection to my engine?

Again, protection ah hindi ito for performance where performance = speed or pang palakas ng hatak.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Diba we heard that the E10 being sold has bad effects in the long run for our engines? I wonder if switching to a RON 95+ like Petron Blaze will add protection to my engine?

Again, protection ah hindi ito for performance where performance = speed or pang palakas ng hatak.

afaik, blaze has no e10 yet. so using it is much better than e10 blended fuels but at added cost. but it will not provide extra protection against e10.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Will e10 fuels have a significant impact pala on say cylinder head gaskets, intake manifold gaskets, and exhaust manifold gaskets? I had to replace mine yesterday and medyo msakit sa bulsa

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    To present my ideas in another way, are there added benefits on my car if I stick to a RON 95+ (such as Petron Blaze)? When it comes to benefits, please exclude IF TRUE the following:

1.) Hatak
    2.) Speed of car

Para bang mas titibay ba ang kotse ko in the long run kung mag RON95+ and above ako, mas gaganda ba sa kotse ko pag gagamit ako ng blaze?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post

Actually correction, I've been using Blaze for 3-4 months straight already. So wala na iyong switching.... Gusto ko lang malaman kung may benefits iyon sa sasakyan ko in the long run. And again, I don't care about the lakas ng hatak, speed ng sasakyan (in case they're all true), all I care is the overall condition of my car if I continue to use a RON95+ fuel, will it be better for my engine?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Meron, actually. Your FC will be better if you're using pure gasoline, such as blaze, I don't know if the RON rating has brought an effect resulting to good fuel economy.

But as per my experience, when I started switching FROM 95+ RON to 93+ RON, my FC became bad.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; April 1st, 2010 at 10:28 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    *renzo - same experience sir, I get about 5-10 percent better fuel mileage with blaze. But I read in another post na nag e10 narin daw ang blaze just recently, is this true???

*froshie - it depends on your engine sir if it's a high compression engine that requires higher octane gas, it will run at peak performance with less stress on it's components using the specified octane rating. It will probably still run on slightly lower octane gas, but the ecu will compensate by adjusting ignition timing when it detects knocking (pre-ignition caused by lower octane gas).
    Knocking stresses out your internals cause the ignition cycle of cylinder that's knocking is out of sync with the other cylinders.

Another thing the ecu might do if it detects knocking is to enrichen the air-fuel mixture (the excess fuel being pumped into the cylinder is used to cool the AF mixture to prevent pre-ignition). This results in a lot of unburned fuel which becomes soot deposits fouling up your plugs and your oil and possibly damaging yout catalytic converter and increasing your fuel consumption.

On the other hand, if your engine is rated at a lower octane say 93, it wouldn't be able to take advantage of the knock-resistant properties of higher octane gas because it already doesn't knock at that low octane rating, and using more knock-resistant gas is pointless. HOWEVER, as sir Niky pointed out to me before, more expensive gas like Blaze has naturally more/better additives which give it better combustion and cleaning properties which should benefit your engine regardless of your engine's required octane rating.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Just heard from Mr. Willie Toledo, Head of Petron RnD, Technical Department that Petron Blaze still has NO E10 content.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

That is good news indeed. However, I am shying away from Petron Blaze as my 1998 Vanette's engine response manifests some level of hesitation with this gasoline variant. I am now using UniOil Unleaded (gas station here in Sucat) and I have personally confirmed, via the Km/L number on our 2009 Honda City that it still is pure gasoline...

9606:hippie:

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    *biglang_liko thanks for the very informative post
    Here is another link I came across to help explain RON ratings.
    http://www.themotorreport.com.au/691...-octane-number

Quote Originally Posted by biglang_liko View Post
    *renzo - same experience sir, I get about 5-10 percent better fuel mileage with blaze. But I read in another post na nag e10 narin daw ang blaze just recently, is this true???

*froshie - it depends on your engine sir if it's a high compression engine that requires higher octane gas, it will run at peak performance with less stress on it's components using the specified octane rating. It will probably still run on slightly lower octane gas, but the ecu will compensate by adjusting ignition timing when it detects knocking (pre-ignition caused by lower octane gas).
    Knocking stresses out your internals cause the ignition cycle of cylinder that's knocking is out of sync with the other cylinders.

Another thing the ecu might do if it detects knocking is to enrichen the air-fuel mixture (the excess fuel being pumped into the cylinder is used to cool the AF mixture to prevent pre-ignition). This results in a lot of unburned fuel which becomes soot deposits fouling up your plugs and your oil and possibly damaging yout catalytic converter and increasing your fuel consumption.

On the other hand, if your engine is rated at a lower octane say 93, it wouldn't be able to take advantage of the knock-resistant properties of higher octane gas because it already doesn't knock at that low octane rating, and using more knock-resistant gas is pointless. HOWEVER, as sir Niky pointed out to me before, more expensive gas like Blaze has naturally more/better additives which give it better combustion and cleaning properties which should benefit your engine regardless of your engine's required octane rating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
RON 95+ will be used as engine protection possible?