New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear Sirs:

The constant and painful rise in the price of fuel is affecting everyone adversely. Everyone is trying to save on fuel. To wit:

I have been working on a diesel fuel additive that after several years of testing and developement with my own vehicles (a Mazda B2500 and a Toyota Hi-Lux 2.4) and those of my kind and generous friends (namely Fred Parreno and his Isuzu Fuego 2.8 Turbo, Ben Liao and his Mitsubishi L300 van and Vincent Parreno and his Toyota 2.0 Tamaraw Diesel), has resulted in considerable gains in power and economy.

I believe the time has come to test it (the additive) on a wider scale.

I wish to thank Tsikot and the moderators in advance for this opportunity as this forum is the ideal vehicle for me to appeal to the public.

So I am requesting for ten (10) volunteers with Diesel-engined vehicles who are interested to sign up here and try out the additive.

I will provide you with a free sample and instructions on how to use it.

As you can see from my listing, no new cars (that is CRDi's) have been tested yet, which is correct as they are different (much more sophisticated and expensive!) and still subject to their manufacturer's warrantee.

Older model Diesel engines with turbulence chambers (or direct-injection) and distributor-type injection pumps are most suitable. Sadly, the older Mercedes-Benz diesels with their pre-combustion chambers and jerk-pumps are not suitable (and I used to own a 1963 MB 200D!).

If in doubt about your vehicle just ask me on this forum and I will answer ASAP.

I request that you record fully and faithfully your fuel economy before and during the additives' use and also your driving impressions, then post the results on this forum via this thread.

Only by correct and accurate record keeping can we all learn from these trials.

I hope there will be enough people out there interested in helping me out.

When enough people have signed up, we can set a date to meet.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear Sirs:

The response to my request for volunteers is definitely underwhelming.

Let me just post some results after use, to provide more incentive.

I will try to make this NOT sound like hype or advertising copy.

The typical improvement in fuel economy is from 25% up to 45%.

As an example the HiLux (which takes my mother from Fairview to Ateneo daily) went from and average of 8.5 km/liter to 12.5 km/liter.

Not only does the fuel economy improve but so does the power and response.

The engine runs smoother and crisper throughout the rev range and takes loads like the airconditioner better.

There is a very large reduction in the black smoke produced, during acceleration and under load.

One of the more enthusiastic users is Mon Sison of SMT (Sison-Mercado Trading). And he wrote (after trying out on their Turbo 2.8 Liter L300 van)
    "Ganda yung additive, malakas, tahimik ang makina. Tagaytay na full tank pa."

Hope this helps to convince some people to try.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

Request for Volunteers