New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The low-sulfur part of Euro-IV fuels particularly prevents damage to the tail-pipe emissions systems (ie. O2 sensors, catalytic converter, particulate filter, etc.) In effect, the emissions systems should work more efficiently and last way longer, working towards reducing the other pollutants like CO, NOX, particulate matter, etc.

Sulfur is a silent killer. You can have all the gee-wiz emissions systems installed in a car to clean up the exhaust gases. But if there's a significant amount of sulfur in your fuel, it will gradually foul up the emissions system, making them lose efficiency and allowing more pollutants to get through.

For engines that doesn't employ any tail-pipe emissions system, the use of Euro-IV fuel will only cut down sulfur dioxide emissions and not much else. Still, it's a reduction in pollution, nevertheless... even if they're 30 y/o jeepneys.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post

question lang. if using euro4, mas less ba smoke ng mga PUVs natin? or same lang since hindi well maintained?

yes may effect din naman. kung napansin mo less na ang smoke nila because may biodiesel added na. the removal of sulfur made it necessary that another type of lubricant is added (sulfur acts as lubricant for the injection pump and nozzles), and in this case this lubricant is biodiesel. the addition of biodiesel cuts down on co and free carbon emitted by the engine. also less sulfur = less smoke since there is more O2 to react with the HC instead of reacting with the S. yung mga nakikita natin na mausok ngayon e yung mga due for overhaul na talaga. pero pansinin mo bihira na yung mga jeep na umuusok ng grabe pag arangkada nila.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Nagbago ba ang CME requirement ng local diesel? It has always been 2%, tumaas ba with Euro IV? B2 pa rin kasi gamit na code so all along I thought same lang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1% sa euro2, 2% sa euro4.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    1% sa euro2, 2% sa euro4.
    With the oil companies I've worked for, 2% CME na kahit nung euro 2 pa.

And since sharing naman ng produkto yung mga oil companies, I'm sure it's industry-wide.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678