New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_18 View Post
    Guys,
    Sori for the noob question. Ano ba ang negative effect ng E10 blended fuel compared to non E10 blended fuels?
    Thanks...
    nega lang jan e mas mabagal ang hatak...kasi 10%ethanol inihalo sa gaso....kumbaga di purong gaso ang ikinakarga mo...

e10=10% ethanol galing sa tubo.

di galing ke pareng google yan ha....

just my 2pesos...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    "I don't have anything against "computerized" cars na puro electronics, pero sa tingin ko sisirain lang ng varying octanes ang ECU or ang fuel management system."

+1 ako dito...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ^^^ ang purpose ng electronics ay baguhin automatically ang timing para ma maximize ang power o ang efficiency. puwedeng automatically ma advance or retard ang timing depende sa gas na gamit. malaking tulong ang oxygen sensor sa exhaust at MAF sa intake.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi mga sir,

I'm not sure if this was already answered before unfortunately Im not that much of an expert on EFI engines running on 10%ethanol or no-ethanol fuels.

My vehicle is a Suzuki APV Type 1 with a G16a engine 1.6 EFI.. as advised by the service manual.. it said that it requires a minimum of 95 octane gasoline with a maximum of 10% ethanol mixture.

ever since I have filled her up with Shell unleaded and sometimes with Shell Premium (which i observed produced more power than unleaded.) Im just making sure im getting ahead on this one.

Will my engine be damaged if im going to fill up with Petron Blaze? since it dosent have any ethanol? as far as i understand, the 100 Octane will work since my service manual said a minimum of 95 octane...

thank you in advance for your opinions.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post
    Hi mga sir,

I'm not sure if this was already answered before unfortunately Im not that much of an expert on EFI engines running on 10%ethanol or no-ethanol fuels.

My vehicle is a Suzuki APV Type 1 with a G16a engine 1.6 EFI.. as advised by the service manual.. it said that it requires a minimum of 95 octane gasoline with a maximum of 10% ethanol mixture.

ever since I have filled her up with Shell unleaded and sometimes with Shell Premium (which i observed produced more power than unleaded.) Im just making sure im getting ahead on this one.

Will my engine be damaged if im going to fill up with Petron Blaze? since it dosent have any ethanol? as far as i understand, the 100 Octane will work since my service manual said a minimum of 95 octane...

thank you in advance for your opinions.
    Your APV engine would have knocked if you used unleaded fuel only. unleaded fuel have 93 RON, but according to you, your APV needs 95 RON minimum.

BTW, what is the compression of the APV type II engine?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Your APV engine would have knocked if you used unleaded fuel only. unleaded fuel have 93 RON, but according to you, your APV needs 95 RON minimum.

BTW, what is the compression of the APV type II engine?
    afaik it has the same G16a engine. the difference between them is the rear suspension, type 2 has a automatic transmission and more internal components like airbag, power windows, etc.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Bilis maubos yan, SG.
    ganyan din experience ko sa nissan cefiro ko. kaya back to vortex gold na lang.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Parang baliktad?

Kasi ang Shell V-Power 97RON, mas mabilis daw mag evaporate..

Yung seaoil Xtreme 97RON wala akong tiwala.
    I think dahil yun sa Ethanol. Vpower is E10 din naman. Blaze is the only gas available na walang ethanol.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ethanol was used to increase octane rating. instead of using petroleum based additive to increase the octane rating, ethanol was used. di ko lang alam kung eto ang purpose ng biofuels law or effect lang. 129 RON kasi ang ethanol. since late last year ng magincrease to 10% ethanol ang mix, shell adjusted the RON of their fuel products.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    just got a tank full of Blaze... hopefully maganda ang effect... will post daily for observations...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Petron BLAZE 100 Octane na!