New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    "Telecommuting". Actually this is a possible solution for some people depending on their type of work. Unfortunately certain things do require physical presence in the office. Usually telecommuting works well in the IT industry.
    OT: pinayagan na din ako na maganito ng boss ko, but i have to be in the office around 3x/week because i have to sign some papers.

yung matitipid ko sa parking/gas/tollfees, papakabit ko na lang ng mas mabilis na DSL sa bahay.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    OT: pinayagan na din ako na maganito ng boss ko, but i have to be in the office around 3x/week because i have to sign some papers.

yung matitipid ko sa parking/gas/tollfees, papakabit ko na lang ng mas mabilis na DSL sa bahay.
    Your company allows telecommuting?

HIRE ME! :please:

bigbigcar.com Review: Mercedes-Benz C200 Kompressor Avantgarde

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Your company allows telecommuting?

HIRE ME! :please:

bigbigcar.com Review: Mercedes-Benz C200 Kompressor Avantgarde
    OT bro, yup. based on our last EXCOM meeting two weeks ago, we approved that some (although not all) employees may employ telecommuting.

Included are:

a) HR
    b) Marketing and Sales
    c) Business Development
    d) Systems Development

Accounting and Finance is not included.

Since items a-d are under my responsiblity, i am also allowed to do as such, without compromising results. Ika nga nung Chairman namin, management by performance and results instead of the old-school management where you have to be physically present to manage.

i am now tasked to direct the implementation of a company wide VPN that will link telecommuters and our US office. hehehehe.

hehehe. inggit ka no. Anyway, your file pa naman is still active. Just let me know where you are ready to make the move.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; May 9th, 2008 at 10:38 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's good to hear... at least some companies are open to that idea.

Yeah, in my current work... I am physically not needed to be here in the office really... we can communicate via mobile phones (free of charge) and VPN is not an issue. Sadly, old school pa rin ang owners - oh well.

BTW, my contract here just expired last month. Free at last! :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    That's good to hear... at least some companies are open to that idea.

Yeah, in my current work... I am physically not needed to be here in the office really... we can communicate via mobile phones (free of charge) and VPN is not an issue. Sadly, old school pa rin ang owners - oh well.

BTW, my contract here just expired last month. Free at last! :D
    OT: yup, most US-based companies are already doing that here. Westerners are more open to that compared to the Asian counterparts. For asians, being physically in the office produce better results maski walang ginagawa yung workers aside from checking friendster accounts and chatting the day away.

PM me na lang bro...I need to build an SAP team... hehehehehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post

It might be possible to claim the home DSL as part of the office expenses. My ex-wife does it back then.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the chinoys have the best set-up...

tindahan sa baba, bahay sa itaas.

hehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kaya laging nasusunugan No but seriously its a nice setup, at least you don't need to wake up early, and you can just hop back upstairs to eat lunch....

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hahaha

kaya pala very active sila sa volunteer fire brigade

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Back to oil. Going even higher...

Oil prices soar to record levels

BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- Oil prices surpassed a record $126 per barrel Friday on the eve of the U.S. driving season as a weakening dollar drove investors to snap up commodities.

Oil prices have soared to unprecedented levels at $125.

Light, sweet crude for June delivery rose as high as $1.24 to $124.93 a barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange before retreating slightly to $124.75 at midday in Europe. On Thursday, the contract rose to a record close of $123.69 a barrel.

In London, Brent crude contracts were also a record highs, up $1.13 to $123.97 a barrel on the ICE Futures exchange. Earlier Friday, Brent had reached $124.25 before falling back.

On Friday, The Wall Street Journal published a report tying Venezuela President Hugo Chavez to rebels attempting to overthrow Colombia's government, heightening chances that the U.S. could impose sanctions on one of its biggest oil suppliers as a state sponsor of terror.

Comments Thursday from European Central Bank president Jean-Claude Trichet signaling that the bank was unlikely to consider interest rate cuts helped strengthen the euro against the U.S. currency.

By midday in Europe, the euro stood at $1.5466 compared to $1.5404 in late trading Thursday night in New York. The dollar was also weaker Friday against the British pound and the Japanese yen.

Investors view commodities such as oil as a hedge against inflation, and some analysts think the dollar's protracted decline is the main reason behind oil prices doubling from a year ago. Also, a weaker dollar makes oil cheaper to investors overseas.

A prediction by analysts at Goldman Sachs seeing oil rising as high as $150 to $200 a barrel within two years also has boosted prices.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2008/BUSINESS....ap/index.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Oil may hit 0-0 a barrel