New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Yeah right OB, save money by buying an expensive condo unit where you work. Just like you can save money on replacing one fuel guzzling CRV by buying TWO new SUVs.
    hindi naman expensive ang condo ngaun. ang baba nga ng interest ng house loans

if you value your time and productivity more than pagtitipid, mapapansin mo exponential ang income mo vs. add-subtract income thinking.

here's a sample scenario:

given 8am-5pm work.

for those leaving far from work:

most people will rise as early as 500am
    then leave at 6am
    then endure traffic 6am-8am.
    then pagdating ng 5pm, tense ulit and perhaps the earliest you can go home is 7pm. after dinner, andami pa aasikasuhin like mga damit and dadalhin the next day and you have but until 10pm lang to stay awake.

pero pag living in condo:

given 8am-5pm work:

gising ako ng 7am, 30-40 minutes morning ceremonies. i still have 20 minutes to walk to office. and it is still cool pa naman

if late nagising, i can just put on my clothes go to work time in. then excuse myself sa morning break para bumalik sa condo and maligo

sa lunch, puwede pa din makatipid kasi puwede umuwi ka na lang at dun kumain ng oven meals or leftovers. same as miriendas.

at 5pm ... let's see dami puwede gawin. therapeutic hang-out sa nearby malls, talk to other contacts for money-making sidelines, or do my groceries/go to dentist etc. each of these can take 2 hours or less, tapos pagbalik mo sa condo meron ka pa until 12am to do some house work kasi puwede ka naman mag-rise up ng 7am. but I usally do gym at nights.

other benefits:

kung pupunta ka abroad, i-lock mo lang pinto mo then go. unlike pag sa house, kandado lahat ng pinto, gate, make sure na may magdidilig na halaman. isa pa to na ayaw ko sa house eh, pati halaman initindi pa

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    oil $126.25 na

that's up $10 in a week!

Traders just keep bidding up the price.

Mapapansin nyo sobra bullish ang mga trader sa oil...

pag open ng market bini-bid up agad ang price.

Baket?

it's summer driving season kasi sa States. (so mas malakas ang fuel demand)

Idagdag mo jan ang mga supply disruptions in Nigeria, and all the bad geopolitical news.

No wonder bullish ang mga traders.

And i was following the USD in relation to oil.

Lagi pataas ang oil pag pahina ang USD.

Pero the past days, lumalakas ang USD, pero oil still keeps moving up.

So now this isnt only about investors hedging against the USD although may hedging parin.

Meron na talaga supply concern.

But OPEC keeps on insisting the fundamentals are not at play here.

And they will NOT increase production.

So expect $130 oil next week.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Although I am a trader myself so curse me for saying this but I think food and energy commodity trading should be BANNED. Its not funny that the greed of some small groups of rich people are jacking up the price cause they think it might increase later on (aka speculation) and so many less fortunate people have to suffer merely because they wanted more money which they already have a lot.... But don't worry ban lang sa oil and other food commodity (which are basic essentials) as for metals, currencies and equities tuloy ang ligaya

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ang mga fund managers kasi ginagawa nila fund raising ang commodities market.

Kelangan nila kumita ng pera para sa mga clients nila.

E hindi sila masyado kumikita sa stocks...

So nagsiksikan sila lahat sa commodities.

Billions and billions of dollars na galing sa stock market pumasok sa commodities...

E ang konte lang ng commodities compared to stocks...

Ayan! eto tayo ngayon!

Mahal ang bigas

Mahal ang gasolina.

haynako

natatakot ako sa future...

buti nalang wala ako asawa at anak...

pero wala naman mag aalaga sakin pag tanda ko...

hehehe

OT na

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It might be possible to claim the home DSL as part of the office expenses. My ex-wife does it back then.

Yup, our handphones and DSL access in the house are being paid by the company where we work for.... However, we still have to be physically present in the office.... Kaya nga this is 24/7 coverage..... (You can run, but you cannot hide).....

6000:mobile:

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Ang mga fund managers kasi ginagawa nila fund raising ang commodities market.

Kelangan nila kumita ng pera para sa mga clients nila.

E hindi sila masyado kumikita sa stocks...

So nagsiksikan sila lahat sa commodities.

Billions and billions of dollars na galing sa stock market pumasok sa commodities...

E ang konte lang ng commodities compared to stocks...

Ayan! eto tayo ngayon!

Mahal ang bigas

Mahal ang gasolina.

haynako

natatakot ako sa future...

buti nalang wala ako asawa at anak...

pero wala naman mag aalaga sakin pag tanda ko...

hehehe

OT na
    That's why I am not solved with the idea that oil prices will forever go up. Once the bubble pops (they have to take their profit at some time) its going to be like stacking dominos since the trade is so crowded kinda like the NASDAQ bubble and the recent housing bubble. Too many people bought in not because of fundamentals but rather because of the belief they can sell it later to an idiot who is willing to pay higher. For now let us just tighten, lalagpas din yan... I just hope it pops sooner than later...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    That's why I am not solved with the idea that oil prices will forever go up. Once the bubble pops (they have to take their profit at some time) its going to be like stacking dominos since the trade is so crowded kinda like the NASDAQ bubble and the recent housing bubble. Too many people bought in not because of fundamentals but rather because of the belief they can sell it later to an idiot who is willing to pay higher. For now let us just tighten, lalagpas din yan... I just hope it pops sooner than later...
    Yap... there's an oil bubble and eventually it will burst.

There's a reason why Goldman came out with that $150-$200 prediction.

Goldman sees a bubble.

If u were Goldman, u would be taking a short position on oil right?

But who will be on the other side of the bet?

Goldman came out with that prediction to condition the market that oil price will keep going up.

So Goldman practically created a large number of players to take the other side of the bet.

Mautak talaga ang Goldman Sachs.

So when they start dumping the oil futures contracts, there will be people very willing to buy.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Just waiting for the worldwide backlash when everyone will just have had enough with the rise of gas prices...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    baka dot com ulit ang magpa-burst sa oil bubble hehehe

at times like this, people will just create web addresses instead of geographical addresses to advertise what they can offer or what they're good at. of course, there's still a need to move physically pero hindi na ito ang priority.

kaya nga sinabi ko dun sa fil-chinese ko friend, tigilan mo na kaka-branch out sa Malls. the Mall is just as a good as an aircon relief in the future.there will come a time that people will just transact using display screens of mobile and desktop devices.

pansin ko nga, pag magtanong ka ngaun sa Abenson or Automatic center talagang bina-bad mouth na nila yun 2 popular shops of LCD TV's in Shangrila and Trinoma pero wala pa din. these 2 shops are perhaps getting 30% of the LCD market na here in the Metro and still increasing their pie. Internet is the key.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post
    baka dot com ulit ang magpa-burst sa oil bubble hehehe

at times like this, people will just create web addresses instead of geographical addresses to advertise what they can offer or what they're good at. of course, there's still a need to move physically pero hindi na ito ang priority.
    You missed the biggest difference, people don't need web address to transact business. On the other hand, the world economy relies greatly on oil and the price you can buy it.

kaya nga sinabi ko dun sa fil-chinese ko friend, tigilan mo na kaka-branch out sa Malls. the Mall is just as a good as an aircon relief in the future.there will come a time that people will just transact using display screens of mobile and desktop devices.

pansin ko nga, pag magtanong ka ngaun sa Abenson or Automatic center talagang bina-bad mouth na nila yun 2 popular shops of LCD TV's in Shangrila and Trinoma pero wala pa din. these 2 shops are perhaps getting 30% of the LCD market na here in the Metro and still increasing their pie. Internet is the key.
    Although there is a place for online shopping, it still cannot replace the "brick & mortar" shops that have actual physical inventory that you can touch, feel and test right in front of you. Although I have done some amounts of online shopping myself, I still prefer to do the majority of my shopping the old fashioned way, including looking for bargains in electronics, etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Oil may hit 0-0 a barrel