New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    This product is not used in the US, 99% of people are simply too much into their cars to fall for the marketing here, The US is big on proof, like real dyno test, You have 18yr old kids with laptops hooked to there cars to tune them. Your not going to fool to many folks with this item. Even the HHO guys laugh at this one. And that is almost as worthless.

The only place you'll find this in the states is on ebay, You would be laughed off of any car forum for even trying to promote it
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3961471

Simple fact none of there test conducted were related to that product or even real for that matter. Feel free to contact the university in Japan and ask. Notice one thing missing in that picture, the product itself.

It's a capacitor. It stores electrical energy. This much is true, but the amount of storage available in a capacitor that small would be negligible. Your car battery stores 400Ah or more. The biggest 12V cap I can buy is about 0.1 Farads, which would run your car for a fractional of a second. It's a BIG cap, too - 5.25" tall, 2.25" diameter.

They say that if you install multiples the gains won't double. That's false. A capacitor put in parallel with an identical capacitor will, in fact, double the effective capacitance of each capacitor. If their overall claim is true (and again, it isn't) then in theory, you would be able to put in 100 of these and gain fuel economy rivaling a bicycle. The back pedaling on this point alone proves it's a scam - either you improve with more, or the effect is psychosomatic and they don't want you to realize you've flushing money down the toilet. Are they saying the University in Japan was to dumb to know this fact? Find one electrical engineer to say that is wrong.

It's bad enough they misspelled invention on there site LMAO

Now on a real note, This modification has been around for a while in my old car club and it works but there are not fuel saving gains claimed or advertised because there are none to be had. And were talking about boosting voltage to 15V.

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...ts1.php?id=517
    Along with this.
    http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...=178&catid=108

I was seeing over 15.1v and got all the benifits as claimed. Note no BS fuel savings claims and it does what the Neosocket is supposed to do.

• Brighter headlights
    • More power from your factory stereo or aftermarket amps
    • Increased voltage to your fuel pump
    • Ensures the coil pack operates at it's full potential
    • Better heated seat performance
    • Improve rear defrost performance

The neo socket did not raise voltage even by .01v And I used my high end digital multimeter to test it.

Simple fact is you can get a easy .25 to .5 volts to vehicle just by going to a larger gauge wire from your altenator to the battery.

This fact was not lost on the neo socket makers, because they now make that very thing. In a wrong sort of way since it just connects to the battery then is grounded. So basically it's just a The same thing as the old one with big wires and no 12v socket. Now if it was hooked to the up from the alternator to the battery then it would actually do some good.

See what I mean.
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/...Gas_saver.html

Stick a fork in it this one is done folks.
    Last edited by dvldoc; August 22nd, 2009 at 10:57 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    This product is not used in the US, 99% of people are simply too much into their cars to fall for the marketing here, The US is big on proof, like real dyno test, You have 18yr old kids with laptops hooked to there cars to tune them. Your not going to fool to many folks with this item. Even the HHO guys laugh at this one. And that is almost as worthless.

The only place you'll find this in the states is on ebay, You would be laughed off of any car forum for even trying to promote it
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3961471

Simple fact none of there test conducted were related to that product or even real for that matter. Feel free to contact the university in Japan and ask. Notice one thing missing in that picture, the product itself.

It's a capacitor. It stores electrical energy. This much is true, but the amount of storage available in a capacitor that small would be negligible. Your car battery stores 400Ah or more. The biggest 12V cap I can buy is about 0.1 Farads, which would run your car for a fractional of a second. It's a BIG cap, too - 5.25" tall, 2.25" diameter.

They say that if you install multiples the gains won't double. That's false. A capacitor put in parallel with an identical capacitor will, in fact, double the effective capacitance of each capacitor. If their overall claim is true (and again, it isn't) then in theory, you would be able to put in 100 of these and gain fuel economy rivaling a bicycle. The back pedaling on this point alone proves it's a scam - either you improve with more, or the effect is psychosomatic and they don't want you to realize you've flushing money down the toilet. Are they saying the University in Japan was to dumb to know this fact? Find one electrical engineer to say that is wrong.

It's bad enough they misspelled invention on there site LMAO

Now on a real note, This modification has been around for a while in my old car club and it works but there are not fuel saving gains claimed or advertised because there are none to be had. And were talking about boosting voltage to 15V.

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...ts1.php?id=517
    Along with this.
    http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...=178&catid=108

I was seeing over 15.1v and got all the benifits as claimed. Note no BS fuel savings claims and it does what the Neosocket is supposed to do.

• Brighter headlights
    • More power from your factory stereo or aftermarket amps
    • Increased voltage to your fuel pump
    • Ensures the coil pack operates at it's full potential
    • Better heated seat performance
    • Improve rear defrost performance

The neo socket did not raise voltage even by .01v And I used my high end digital multimeter to test it.

Simple fact is you can get a easy .25 to .5 volts to vehicle just by going to a larger gauge wire from your altenator to the battery.

This fact was not lost on the neo socket makers, because they now make that very thing. In a wrong sort of way since it just connects to the battery then is grounded. So basically it's just a The same thing as the old one with big wires and no 12v socket. Now if it was hooked to the up from the alternator to the battery then it would actually do some good.

See what I mean.
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/...Gas_saver.html

Stick a fork in it this one is done folks.

Hello Sir

Good Day!

I would like to know, if you are distributing Alternator Power Cable? Can you provide us complete details regarding this product.

Thank you gamjr_2372

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    That's a simple do it yourself modification. And the length of the wire is vehicle specific. I'm sure you can find the makings locally at any big audio shop or on alibaba were you get your neosockets after that link I put up is yours. So are you willing to admit the product does not work or just want to change the subject?

I'm done on this one the point has been proven.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gamjr_2372 View Post
    Hello Sir

Good Day!

I would like to know, if you are distributing Alternator Power Cable? Can you provide us complete details regarding this product.

Thank you gamjr_2372

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gamjr_2372 View Post
    Sa pananaw ko po, dahil sa hindi naging effective ang isang fuel saver sa inyong sasakyan ay sasabihin na natin kaagad na SCAM!! Ang makina ng sasakyan ay mahahambing din po sa katawan ng tao.. na may HIYANG din na tinatawag.. kaya po me ibat ibang brand ng gamot depende sa condition ng tao.. ganun din posa saksakyan.. Kung hindi po naging effective sa sasakyan nyo wag na po natin ipilit.. Maraming mga pagkakataon na sa mga ganitong devices, effective sa iba pero sa iba hindi.. Maraming dahilan kung bakit naging negative ang resulta, una sa sa nabanggit ko Kundisyon ng sasakyan, driving behavour, at maraming iba pa.. Huwag lng po tayong tumingin sa isang anngulo.. At higit po sa lahat, wag natin basta hatulan ang mga bagay na pinag sikapan ng iba.. Kung hindi epektibo sa inyo walang pumipigil sa inyo na patuloy nyong gamitin.. leave it nalang po.. Huwag nalang natin ipagsigawan sa lahat at ipagpilitan na SCAM!! thats not appropriate thing to do.. kung me complain po kayo.. there is a proper authority.. Dun po tayo dumulog..

Honestly, hindi ko po itatago.. Naging delear ako ng NEOSOCKET.. nag try ako before ng isa.. pati mga relatives ko nag try.. iisa ang naging opinyon namin.. maganda po ang result ng device.. effective po kya nirerecommend ko narin sa iba.. me mga hindi satified.. pero mas marami po ang na kuntento.. given napo ang ganung scenaryo.. hindi naman lahat possitive... kahit sa mga appliances like SONY, na leading brand.. masasabi po natin lahat hindi satisfied sa brand na yun.. offocurse not.. depende sa tao. NEOSOCKET untill now big hit po sa JAPAN.. AMERICA at Europe.. ang original po ay ang SQUARE type.. yung OVAL type immitation po..

Sa ganang akin lang, respect others idea and opinion to gain you respect also.. other wise hindi naman pinagduduldulan sa inyo ang product.. kung ayaw nyo.. leave it nalang.. at wag na po tayo mag comment ng negative lalu na kung one sided lng naman.. Ang tao kung minsan po feeling alam nya ang lahat ng bagay.. kaya ang masakit hindi pa na encounter.. me judgment na kaagad.. SOBRANG DUNONG.. kahit tapakan ang iba basta may masabi lang.. Paumanhin sa klase ng mga salitang ginagamit ko, inum pisahan po ng ganito kaya sinasagot ko lng katulad nito. Naniniwala po ako sa freedom of speech, malayang pamamhayag.. Pero sana lng gumamit tayo ng tamang salita, hidi po yung parang mortal na kaaway na agad ang turing.. be professional po sa pag aproach ng target person or group.. hindi po naman tayo magkakaaway dito.. ika nga “WALANG PERSONALAN”..

Hindi po scam ang NEOSOCKET. register po yan sa JAPAN at dito sa pinas.. hindi po maaring ipag patuloy ang production nya sa JAPAN kung scam.. at hindi po totally gas saver... side effect lng po pag si SAVE ng fuel.. like Gluthathione.. ang purpose is to protect your liver ang side effect is puputi ka..
    At duon po sa bibabanggit na simple diode worth 10 pesos at 15 pesos capacitor.. Parang insulto at namemersonal nalng talaga.. In the first place po, sa mga brochures at write ups sa umpisa plang naka reveal nap o anung komposiyon meron ang NEOSOCKET.. its major component is capacitor and or Electorlysis condenser.. pero hindi po yung nabibile sa tabi tabi.. Bakit po hindi nyo subukan na bumili ng capacitor at diode then isaksak nyo ng mano mano.. Ang price ng Neosocket ay may basis din tulad ng mga sumusunod:
    Sa pag develop plang ng DISCOVERY, RESEARCH AND STUDIES TO PROVE NA APPLICABLE PO B TALAGA ANG DISCOVERY.. AY NAG LAAN NA PO NG FUNDS.. SA APPROVAL , PACKAGING AND MATERIALS, KASAMA NA ANG COPYRIGHT NG LOGO, TAXES, SHIPMENT COST, MANPOWER, MARKETING SUPPORT , OFFICES, BUSSINES PERMITS AND OTHER GOVERNMENT AGNECY REGISTRATIONS, ANNUAL OBLIGATIONS, CUSTOM AND DUTIES TAXES..ETC..ETC.. ANG TANUNG PO … HANGGANG SAAN PO MAKAKRATING ANG 25 PESOS NYO??? COMMON SENSE AND DON’T BE SPECIFIC..
    But anyway, we already consult our legal counsel regarding this matter.. dahil ayaw din anmin mang lamang ng sa kapwa.. at maging responsible din kami palge hanggat maari sa mga salita at akusasyong binibitiwan at bibitiwan namin sa mg asusunod n pagkakataon..
    maraming salamt po at mabuhay ang TSIKOT.COM dahil me pagkakataon ang lahat ng myembro na makapaglahad ng kanikanilang saloobin!

God Bless to all the staff and member!!

gamjr_2372
    So does Neo Socket work as a fuel saver or not?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I dont mean to take sides here but I'm inclined on the arguments of of those who see this gadget as being useless and ineffective. I am currently staying in the US now and have not heard of NEOSOCKET in any of the shops, garages or accessory dealers here. And besides newer cars here have complicated computer systems that monitor fuel efficiency for them to add this gadget. If still not convinced try searching the internet about fuel savers and non of the thousands of sites would recommend any gadget that is effective.

What the distributors of NEOSOCKET have are pure anecdotal claims based on relatives, friends and un named users of their product. To be purely scientific on a claim it has to be based on scientific studies backed by solid data and methodology. Its like selling 'snake oil' stuff to gullible consumers.

And sakin lang po ito. You can not stop people from making comments that may be unfavorable to your claims. This site is purely for that purpose. To share opinions with others be it negative or positive. Let the readers decide.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Another Scam? ano ba yung device na endorso pa ng mga politiko?

sumikat din yun ah...pero ano nangyari???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Neo Socket (Made In Japan) Fuel Saver