New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi guys, could you please give me an advice about which is the best counter part for Caltex's Silver Unleaded Gas? My car is used in running with Caltex Silver, but sometimes it so hard to find a Caltex Station, thats why im asking you guys which is the best counterpart for this gas. Is changing to different brand of gas will give a bad effect on my car? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    get the petron or shell equivalent. from what i read here in the past and personal experience, it doesn't matter that much when changing to different brand of gas. though i personally stick to one brand and don't mix gas except for emergencies, as well as stick to same reliable gas station.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    try shell super-unleaded, before I used caltex for my Civic-FD pero parang hindi hiyang ng engine so I shift to Shell until now.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    technically, pare pareho naman ang components ng regular unleaded gasoline. nagkakaiba lang sa additives tsaka sa octane rating.

try shell super unleaded or petron unleaded.
    but for my personal experience, my car runs better on caltex and shell. sa petron ang lakas ng rattle.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok sa kin ang Petron Xtra unleaded

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Caltex Silver, Shell extra unleaded and Petron equivalent are all the same. My uncle has a Caltex gas station and he told me that sometimes the big 3 borrow fuel from each other. I was told the same thing by a Total sales rep when our company had an account with them.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    93 RON
    caltex silver
    petron xtra unleaded
    shell unleaded

95 RON
    caltex gold
    petron xcs
    shell premium

tried and used them all from shell to petron (civic esi)...di na ako nagpalit simula nag petron xcs. even with the lynx rs...xcs lang kinakarga ko.

petron's low fuel price was just a plus. ;)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Caltex Silver, Shell extra unleaded and Petron equivalent are all the same. My uncle has a Caltex gas station and he told me that sometimes the big 3 borrow fuel from each other. I was told the same thing by a Total sales rep when our company had an account with them.
    actually, they do have different fuels, but because of the volatility of the philippine market, sometimes they understock (because they know fuel would go down next week) or deliveries from refineries/importers are late. what do they do? they call up their "competitor" to ask for extra fuel.

Need an Advice: Best alternate for Caltex's Silver