New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    I agree, this is the best solution. Also do not speed. 80Km/hr is fast enough. No rapid accelerations nor decelerations.
    I read sa isnag newspaper article before that 55km/hr was the optimum speed to save gas. Pero I guess this will depend on how aerodynamic your car is.

Before oil liberalization, my dad used to teach us never to go up to Tagaytay with a full tank because masmabigat yung fuel tank. We'ld only go up with half a tank or less then refuel na full when we get to the top.

Today, this might not apply anymore because masmahal na gasoline sa tagaytay than Manila

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lnce420 View Post
    ghosthunter
    if thats your sense of reasoning e di dapat di na nilagyan ng U-turn sa IPI at all since the lane there is not wide either.

do you see where im coming from? eastwood is an economic zone so majority of the vehicles touring libis during rush hours go to eastwood. all im saying is that yung mga auto na galing katipunan/marikina/cubao/white plains if they need to go to eastwood e di na sila makikipag dagdagan dun sa sikip sa IPI with cars from makati/ortigas/rosario and others kung merong u turn somewhere sa gitna ng libis. imagine mo yung volume nung mga auto na yun from all the said places na nagsasabay-sabay sa isang kalye dahil sa nagiisang uturn slot? eh bottle neck talaga..
    Not a majority... just a lot of vehicles are going to the area. But a lot are just passing through on their way to Katipunan and elsewhere.

Maybe it is still better to have just one bottleneck as compared to having two or three bottlenecks scattered the length of Libis, like before the u-turns were closed.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    I read sa isnag newspaper article before that 55km/hr was the optimum speed to save gas. Pero I guess this will depend on how aerodynamic your car is.
    yup... if you are driving a van, 55km/hr might be optimum. But if you are driving a sedan, somewhere 80 to 90kph might be the optimum.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Not a majority... just a lot of vehicles are going to the area. But a lot are just passing through on their way to Katipunan and elsewhere.

Maybe it is still better to have just one bottleneck as compared to having two or three bottlenecks scattered the length of Libis, like before the u-turns were closed.
    MAYBE! may also be not.. merong mahabang column sa dyaryo kahapon na tumutuligsa jan sa U turn na yan.. Philippine Star motoring section i think

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lnce420 View Post
    MAYBE! may also be not.. merong mahabang column sa dyaryo kahapon na tumutuligsa jan sa U turn na yan.. Philippine Star motoring section i think
    Like I said, it still better to have just one bottleneck than the 3 or more bottlenecks that used to happen when there was more u-turn slots at Libis. The reason why multiple u-turns will NOT work at Libis? A good number of people simply do not know HOW or WANT to use a u-turn slot properly resulting a bottleneck of vehicles at the u-turn areas.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    +1 on that.

While the traffic going up to Katipunan now is pretty bad, it's preferable to having a huge bottle neck at three different points like before... and less stressful when people aren't cutting across four lanes of traffic to hit their u-turn slot, heedless of who or what they might accidentally hit or block...

For those Eastwooders who've been affected, I suggest petitioning the re-opening of the intersection... with a properly programmed light, it shouldn't be such a problem anymore. The huge buildup from the light before was due to the fact that there was no enforcer there, so vehicles could pile up across the intersection as people went through despite it being crowded on the other side...

But then again, the Ortigas flyover is only a kilometer down the other way.... it's only an extra 0.2 liters of gas (2kms) for a few hundred Eastwood people versus a savings of maybe 0.05 liters for thousands of motorists who are just going through. And that saving adds up, in the long run.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    yup! one bottleneck is better than 3 of course!
    in the case of libis if the intersection would just be reopened, then its gonna be a u turn slot also that is properly positioned bec its strategically positioned in the middle of libis, and as mentioned above, it should have a working traffic light and should be manned atleast during the rush hours. then it might even eliminate the bottle neck problem at all, maybe a slow moving traffic (but constantly moving) but its better than having a bottle neck that will potentially result to a heavy traffic pag mashado na madami nagpileup like whats happening these days during the rush hours

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The point of having u-turns instead of stoplights is to cut down the need to have people located at those intersections and keep traffic flowing at all times.

Having a stoplight/intersection would not solve the problem but make it worst.

The real problem is the lack of flow at the Katipunan side of Libis. The road is too narrow to handle peak time traffic loads. Widening the roads around the existing u-turn will help increase traffic flow.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They could remove the roundabout re-routing underneath and install a stoplight there.

The big problem is the "pinch" at the top of the flyover. You have people trying to go to Katipunan (flyover-to-underpass) and people trying to go to Boni Serrano (flyover-then-turn-right to go to intersection).

People get bottled up there because of the stoplight at the top. Since the opening going there is now just a tiny slot (which they did to keep people from hogging the bridge while turning right), people are jammed up at that slot... because... obviously, people are hogging the bridge and turning right from both the left and right lanes of the bridge.

Close up the slot. Make the Boni Serrano people (that includes me) take the underpass. Remove the complicated routing there and put a stoplight for people to follow. But this will make traffic build up on the Marikina side, though...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    mas ok yata kung full tank na lang kung can afford naman para less trip sa gas station.. lalo na kung tulad namen na loyal sa isang gas station, petron.. ever since we bought the car, un na kasi ang gamet namen.. unless paubos na ung gas tapos wala talagang makitang petron.. kesa tirikan kami, pa-gas muna ng 100 sa ibang gas station..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
mas matipid sa gaso...