New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    For lancer MX, I think its 26 front, 28 rear.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    keep in mind that tires warm up when u drive.

So when u over inflate ur tires while cold, the air will heat up and expand when u drive. the longer or harder u drive, the more the air will expand.

How about an exploding tire while driving?

is it worth it just to save a little fuel?

how about less traction when braking?

think think

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kadaj View Post
    there are a lot of ways to economize fuel, no.1 is your car handling.. i'll give u 1 tip, sometimes wen im stuck in traffic i see cars in front of me with their breaklights glaring up until d light turns green. those are d people who knows how 2 economize, coz if its not, their actually doin either of 2 things, either d gear is sitting on Park or Neutral w/c is a wrong thing 2 do, what u do is u step on d breaks u dnt hv 2 touch d shiftknob let it remain in D, coz if u do it in other ways d idling goes up & eats up ur gas while in traffic. try check ur rpm wen u do ds & ull see wut i mean

so... next time ur stuk n traffic notice d cars in front of u & i tell u - u can easily spot d smart drivers out of d stupid ones
    Putting in Neutral or Drive during stop doesn't make any difference. For me, I'll always put it in neutral + hand brake. Saves me having to step on the brakes + saves on engine wear and tear. I don't believe that trannies are not made to shift N->D frequently...because that's their job. If trannies break down because of shifting, marami na sigurong nasisirang transmission ngayon.

Also, saves on accidentally moving forward because nakalimutan mo mag press ng brake. Less stressful rin sa knee and feet mo Yaw mo yun...nakarest ka pag stop.

Idling goes up a bit because wala syang engine load. A bit lng, all those gas you save are gone once u do overtaking, even for a bit.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I cannot understand why leaving the car in "Drive" while holding down the brake will save fuel.

If the car is in "Drive" but you are not pressing the gas, the engine is just idling, however it still is spinning the torque converter. Since you're holding down the brake, this results in no movement, instead the engine's energy is wasted spinning the torque converter and heating up the ATF.

If the car is in "Neutral" my understanding is that, like a manual tranny, the engine is disengaged from the transmission, so it's just idling. The reason why the idle goes up when in neutral is simply because there's no more load (of spinning the torque converter) so the engine turns a bit faster. But it should settle back down to the normal idle unless something's wrong with your idle air control valve and/or throttle position sensor.

Of course I've never driven an auto-tranny car so this is just speculation.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    What's with all this obsession to save a little fuel...

wana save fuel?

Why not remove the airconditioner compressor and power steering pump --- those things rob engine power and increase fuel consumption.

Why not gut the whole interior including the passenger seats, carpet and sound-deadener. Throw out all the junk in the trunk including the spare tire, jack, tools. that will make ur car lighter and save u a lot of fuel.

OK ba yan?

Just drive sensibly. step on the gas lightly, plan ur trip. kung alam mo traffic, find an alternate route... stuff like that...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    * istan
    I think im talkin about A/T, N & parkbreaks are for manuals coz you dont have to raise the handbreak in A/T you just put it in P. Besides, raising the parkbreaks in traffic is not advisable, its always usually forgotten most of the time.. reason why its called park break.. you raise it while youre parked

but your engine load part probably makes sense

* orly
    mere speculations can kill you..

* uls
    if you take out all those stuff from the car then youre missing one important point of riding a car.. which is comfortability

*bogey
    negating experimental conclusions in favor of a love ones comfort especially a wife or gf proves only one thing... that youre a ladies man

keep it up you guys! :chopper:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    another fuel consumption tip:

(im talkin about A/T so please manual drivers.. kindly step out for a while)

I have a chinese friend who drives a starex van, i was talking to his driver & he was asking me drivin tips coz he's used to manual thingie.. & my chinese friend would care less.. as long as he reaches the destination safe & sound.

he asked why he's eating up fuel in NLEX & city driving & why the car intermittently slows down .. i asked him if he has an overdrive button.. he does have.. thats the prob, he didnt know when to use it

the remedy is simple, you press overdrive when you reach start of the sweet spot which is 40kph, if its engaged as you starts movin then it puts a big load on your engine which speeds up your wear & tear, & ofcourse naturally it eats up you gas sameway as your overdrive is disengaged while driving in superhiways

now if anyone would disproove that, it would only mean two things.. either he's a manual driver & doesnt know anythin about automatic trannies or he drives an automatic car & he's completely out of his mind

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kadaj View Post
    * istan
    I think im talkin about A/T, N & parkbreaks are for manuals coz you dont have to raise the handbreak in A/T you just put it in P. Besides, raising the parkbreaks in traffic is not advisable, its always usually forgotten most of the time.. reason why its called park break.. you raise it while youre parked

but your engine load part probably makes sense

* orly
    mere speculations can kill you..

* uls
    if you take out all those stuff from the car then youre missing one important point of riding a car.. which is comfortability

*bogey
    negating experimental conclusions in favor of a love ones comfort especially a wife or gf proves only one thing... that youre a ladies man

keep it up you guys! :chopper:

i was being sarcastic

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kadaj - just curious, what car do you drive?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    i was being sarcastic

ow.. sorry.. i was quite in a hurry i didnt get your drift

sometimes i wish we got female motorists in here ive been lookin around der are lots of cute smileys in here that doesnt live to its purpose.. like how can you use a smiley holding a rose to another guy.. bleck! I sure wish the country would soon have a fair amount of women motorists population.. so we can have them here.. even if their just blowing their nose or what

good times man! :cheers:

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Increased fuel economy from over-inflated tires