New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Man just a note to all those people who insist on running on fumes... It's actually WORSE for your wallet!

When you run the tank down to empty, gasoline tends to vaporize. On older cars, especially if the seal on the filler cap isn't air tight you'll be losing fuel slowly over time. It also tends to make your remaining fuel less usable, because obviously your fuel pump and injectors don't like being fed combustible air. Most of the time, fuel that you could have used will end up getting released as vapor the next time you fill up.
    Funny you mention this, I just bought a new filler cap for our 300TE (gasoline) because it was acting funny and took us maybe 30mins trying to get it out. Hopefully the new seal will work

Gotta love diesel, if only it wasn't priced as being more expensive than premium here in California...

as i know, 55liters lang talaga laman ng liteace ko.., i fill from 1/4 tank, and it only shows that i top up at 40.xx liters... this means i hanve roughly 15 liters left in my tank..

at my current van consumption is at a lousy 7km/l because of a leaky injector pump and a need for for a nozzle replacement...

my former delica.... as i know 60-75 liters of diesel it can carry, amazingly, there were 2 tanks underneath to accomodate such volume... but when i top up from 1/4 tank, it can accomodate atleast 50 liters! so there is a 20L of diesel left...

havent top-up from when the light is up,e..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    42 liters on my ride (that's what the manual says) although on the average, gas station trips costs me 34-35 liters worth of gas (auto fill-up lang).

i'm always concious when it comes to fuel in the tank. After every full tank, i reset my trip meter. so aside from the warning light, i take notice of the distance i have run.
    Same here, I always make it a point to reset my trip meter every full tank ko (which is every 15 days, para may sweldo)

40 liters yata yun lancer ko.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i'm always concious when it comes to fuel in the tank. After every full tank, i reset my trip meter. so aside from the warning light, i take notice of the distance i have run.
    sama pala tayo. ganyan na ganyan ang ginagawa ko

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    yung empty pag nasa E na.. tapos iilaw yung reserve light mo.. so may mga 8 liters pa yun..
    hehehe parang ang labo kasi nung case nung gauge ko eh
    minsan iilaw tapos mawawala tapos kapag nag incline konti
    iilaw tapos mag iincline pababa hindi na iilaw ang gulo hehehe

pag umilaw ang indicator sa dash, iba iba ang dami depende sa model ng sasakyan--equal or 0-degrees plane/inclination

yung level ng daan(angle of elevation)...umiilaw dahil sa liquid properties ng fuel... and its just a float-guage

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    now i understand. nakita ko sa manual na approx. 7.9L nalang daw natitira if the low fuel lights up. so it makes sense. 34 plus 8 is 42

may naka experience na ba dito nang naubusan talaga ng gas? how was the experience? heheheh
    this happened to me once, when i was with my family at tagaytay... ang pinagtataka ko lang, the empty warning light just lit when i was nearing the rotonda then 5-10 mins later naramdaman ko bumabagal na ako kahit na todo apak na ako sa gas then ayun huminto na sasakyan kasi wala na nga gas... e di ba usually 8-9L of gas pa ang natitira before totally maubos ang gas which will take you a couple of kilometers pa, kaso un nga dead agad ang sasakyan ko after it...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    my SUV carries 113.5 liters(30 gallons) for a full tank.

as far as running completely empty...i would suggest not to run your gas tank past quarter tank of gas.the gas is the one that keeps the fuel pump cool.running the gas tank past quarter of a tank all the time will most likely ruin your intank fuel pump since its being exposed to nothing but air pressure inside your tank.especially the newer cars.
    i always fill up whenever i get to 1/4 tank.atleast keep it to half a tank.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    now i understand. nakita ko sa manual na approx. 7.9L nalang daw natitira if the low fuel lights up. so it makes sense. 34 plus 8 is 42

may naka experience na ba dito nang naubusan talaga ng gas? how was the experience? heheheh
    LOL ako!!! Noong college ako, sasakyan ko 1976 na Mitsubishi Galant. Hindi ako nakapagfill tapos naabutan ako na traffic, kakakaba. Buti na lang downhill iyong service road ng bicutan tapos tamang tama lumiko ako sa Sun Valley para ihinto at bumili ng gas. Di pa nga nag start kaagad noong nilagyan ko ng gas. Pansin ko kailangan nakababad muna iyong key sa on switch tsaka sya magsastart.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ako 34 liters sa toyota corolla. pero pag sinagad mga 41 liters pa. kaya pag umilaw na yung empty light eh no worries pa din.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ilang Liters Talaga Full Tank Niyo Sa Gasoline Station?