New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ...perhaps if we lower our standards to include golf carts...?
    heh heh.
    Not an EV, meanth a hybrid. All discussions so far are for an EV, but the hybrid is a more practical & reasonable replacement for diesel vehicles. These have been selling in the country for a few years now, & I am quite interested in the real world scenario.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    natutuwa ako dito sa thread. Pati si bloodwolf umaayaw na din sa desel. Kasi ang bansang umaasenso eh lalaayo sa maingay at mausok na sasakyan. Nagiging pino panlasa mo.

kasi nga if honest kayo sa puso nyo eh ang desel = barriotic.

DAti nauso pa yung pablanking-blanking. Kahit wala ako desel eh nabola ako sa advice na yang blanking eh diskarteng probinsyano pala yan. Its like pinapausukan yung puno (good for the trees but bad for the human lungs) The best for trees is composting.

Pag nasa village kayo na tahimik at bigla may nagpastart ng innova, fortuner, monstero eh dinig mo agad yung tunog-latang makina. Iskandaloso. Takaw-attention.

And pag sa mall naman pag puro taxi vios eh kahit magwaiting ang tao eh tolerable yung gas fumes. Pero pag sa desel punta ka sa likod ng innova monstero napakauncomfortable parang nasa torture chamber.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    PH taxpayers won't benefit by subsidizing luxury electric cars

but we'd get a lot of air and noise pollution reduction by having Gogoros, instead of those noisy smoky motorcycles na walang catalytic converters

jan ko gusto maghigpit government sa motorcycles. Dapat electric tapos controllado yung top speed.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    natutuwa ako dito sa thread. Pati si bloodwolf umaayaw na din sa desel. Kasi ang bansang umaasenso eh lalaayo sa maingay at mausok na sasakyan. Nagiging pino panlasa mo.

kasi nga if honest kayo sa puso nyo eh ang desel = barriotic.

DAti nauso pa yung pablanking-blanking. Kahit wala ako desel eh nabola ako sa advice na yang blanking eh diskarteng probinsyano pala yan. Its like pinapausukan yung puno (good for the trees but bad for the human lungs) The best for trees is composting.

Pag nasa village kayo na tahimik at bigla may nagpastart ng innova, fortuner, monstero eh dinig mo agad yung tunog-latang makina. Iskandaloso. Takaw-attention.

And pag sa mall naman pag puro taxi vios eh kahit magwaiting ang tao eh tolerable yung gas fumes. Pero pag sa desel punta ka sa likod ng innova monstero napakauncomfortable parang nasa torture chamber.
    Hindi ako umaayaw sa diesel. Sakin, ok pa rin diesel for long trips. Yung short trips ang dehado diesel. Gas ay mas ideal sa city, kaya lang lumalakas consumo. Pag hybrid, mas ideal sya kasi electric sa acceleration.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Between hybrid and EV I prefer full EV. Less complexity in the drivetrain, and for driving within the metro charging at home is enough. We have an advantage over US in that our homes are wired for 220V so we can fast charge.
    Biggest disadvantage to local EV use IMO is our electricity cost, which is among the highest in the world.

For out-of-town trips pure ICE. No range anxiety, and more serviceable to shade-tree mechanics.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Between hybrid and EV I prefer full EV. Less complexity in the drivetrain, and for driving within the metro charging at home is enough. We have an advantage over US in that our homes are wired for 220V so we can fast charge.
    Biggest disadvantage to local EV use IMO is our electricity cost, which is among the highest in the world.

For out-of-town trips pure ICE. No range anxiety, and more serviceable to shade-tree mechanics.
    Personally, also want a pure EV for city driving. Even if the total range is just 100kms, I'd be fine with it as a daily driver. My main concern with it is if I can charge it on a regular 220v outlet running on a circuit that just has 10AT. If that is able to be distributed to more mass market and priced competitively, I would be focused on that.

Already have the 2.4kW Solar Grid Tie system at home so just scheduling when to "plugin" to charge during the day would allow me not to increase my Meralco consumption even with an EV. And the reason why I need at least 100kms range, that gives me every Sunday to plug in to charge the car weekly basis as an alternative charging schedule.

So far, the Volvo PHEV tested on carguide appears to be able to just be charged via a regular 220v socket drawing just 6amps. It appears the Geely MHEV projected to be launched is designed to work similarly.

The Citroen EV that can be driven by a 14 year old seems to be budget friendly but just has about 50kms of range. So too limited with no more buffer left for my liking.

And the ICE will never go away for long drives or as the backup car if the EV needs to charge.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

And the ICE will never go away for long drives or as the backup car if the EV needs to charge.
    never is a strong word. all it takes is a next-gen battery technology that's more energy-dense than existing li-ion. there are no laws of physics that's preventing that from happening. maybe some fancy software on a quantum computer will figure it out in 10yrs. or maybe some kid will in 5yrs

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the terminator T101 has a nice battery...
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    never is a strong word. all it takes is a next-gen battery technology that's more energy-dense than existing li-ion. there are no laws of physics that's preventing that from happening. maybe some fancy software on a quantum computer will figure it out in 10yrs. or maybe some kid will in 5yrs
    Hehe! I guess I have to reword/rephrase that. I (specifically for my case) mean that I'll still have an ICE car as a backup, long drive car.

For the higher density to serve long drives, I'm guessing they might come out in 5 to 10 years, but they will be quite expensive and "out of reach" from a price practicality standpoint.

And keeping that ICE car is within my practical lifetime. I can't say for the next generation's lifetime whether ICE would even be a practical choice by then. =)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Ang concern pala sa EV & hybrids ay battery. I saw a black hybrid Altis yesterday & they use a NiMH battery. These are supposed to last approximately 200k kms. Ioniq uses the more modern Lithium ion type. Both cost approximately the same, P1.5mil.

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast