New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I've read a lot in the reviews that high octane is only noticeable in performance on the Carburetor engines, I noticed that a lot back when my car was a Corolla with 2e Carb engine ..

I've also read somewhere in the reviews that the difference in high octane (95ron) and regular (91ron) on an EFI engine is barely noticeable due the EFI car's ECU doing the adjustment on the fuel and air mixture, so whether you used 95ron or 91ron, the ECU can adjust its mixture and maximize the performance regardless the octane rating of fuels you use.

Is this the reason why nowadays, the difference of special and regular fuel are just centavo whereas back in the day when there are a lot of carb engines running, it P5 and up in difference ..

My current car is a Corolla GLi with an EFI 4afe engine, will I really noticed improvements on using 95ron than 91ron ?? Currently using Shell FuelSave ..

Taxi drives also said that they only use regular unleaded on their Vios cause special unleaded tend to clog the injectors ...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    I've read a lot in the reviews that high octane is only noticeable in performance on the Carburetor engines, I noticed that a lot back when my car was a Corolla with 2e Carb engine ..

I've also read somewhere in the reviews that the difference in high octane (95ron) and regular (91ron) on an EFI engine is barely noticeable due the EFI car's ECU doing the adjustment on the fuel and air mixture, so whether you used 95ron or 91ron, the ECU can adjust its mixture and maximize the performance regardless the octane rating of fuels you use.

Is this the reason why nowadays, the difference of special and regular fuel are just centavo whereas back in the day when there are a lot of carb engines running, it P5 and up in difference ..

My current car is a Corolla GLi with an EFI 4afe engine, will I really noticed improvements on using 95ron than 91ron ?? Currently using Shell FuelSave ..

Taxi drives also said that they only use regular unleaded on their Vios cause special unleaded tend to clog the injectors ...
    i have not used a 91 octane fuel even for my previous cars, parati akong nasa 95.... onti lang naman ang difference.
    but one time, i've tried it sa carb type nung oto ng utol ko..... wala namang pinagbago ang 91 to 95 RON.
    the only difference i've noticed is mas mabilis maubos yung 91 RON.. but then there can be other factors..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post

i have not used a 91 octane fuel even for my previous cars, parati akong nasa 95.... onti lang naman ang difference.
    but one time, i've tried it sa carb type nung oto ng utol ko..... wala namang pinagbago ang 91 to 95 RON.
    the only difference i've noticed is mas mabilis maubos yung 91 RON.. but then there can be other factors..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In the case of my GA14DS (carb) Sentra, it runs best with Petron Blaze.

Pero Blaze din kumain ng gasolina pag na-traffic.

In the case of my GA14DS (carb) Sentra, it runs best with Petron Blaze.

Pero Blaze din kumain ng gasolina pag na-traffic.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014

before basta karga lang ako at nakikimuso. pag may budget yung high octane gamit ko diko pinapansin yung difference nila. pero ng sumubok ako ng 91 naramdaman ko na medyo nag pino tunug ng makina ko tas yun nga lang medyo humina ang arangkada at bilis ng takbo nya kahet sinasagad ko pedal ng gas. pero yung mga de octane ang gamit ko mabilis talaga pero parang maingay naman makina nya.

before basta karga lang ako at nakikimuso. pag may budget yung high octane gamit ko diko pinapansin yung difference nila. pero ng sumubok ako ng 91 naramdaman ko na medyo nag pino tunug ng makina ko tas yun nga lang medyo humina ang arangkada at bilis ng takbo nya kahet sinasagad ko pedal ng gas. pero yung mga de octane ang gamit ko mabilis talaga pero parang maingay naman makina nya.