New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rmuadji13 View Post
    Thank you po for all those who answered this survey via this thread and private message. Just to clarify po, I don't belong to any survey company. The data gathered in this short survey will be used in my final paper for my MBA class. Rest assured that this will be used for educational purposes only.
    SIGURADUHIN MO LANG AT KUNG HINDI ETO SA IYO.....

JK.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by desert fox View Post
    SIGURADUHIN MO LANG AT KUNG HINDI ETO SA IYO.....

JK.
    Naku, ayoko po mapukpok, kaya sisiguraduhin ko po yan. Nabasa ko na po pala yung answer nyo through PM. Thanks po ulit.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rmuadji13 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I hope you can help me. This is just a very quick survey. I'm doing a research on the petroleum industry in the country for my final paper in school.

1. Give 3 brands that come into mind when you hear oil or petroleum.
    2. What brand do you use for your vehicles and why.
    3. What is the most important factor for you? Please rank (1 as the highest)
    - Price
    - Quality of product
    - Others (please specify)

Thank you in advance po sa mga sasagot.

Maj
    Fuel/Oil:
    1-Shell / 1-Mobil Delvac - same benefits, excellent engine performance, efficient fc, smooth acceleration, long interval PMS on oil, highest quality in terms of winter grade
    2-Petron / 2-Mobil 1 - for alternative
    3-Chevron / 2-Mobil Multigrade - last option

Factors:
    Quality - for both stated above
    Location - anywhere as belong to Big 3
    Service - good
    Price - least concern as long as first factor is not sacrificed

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    1. For Oil:
    a. Exxon Mobil1
    b. Shell Helix
    c. Petron Ultron

For Petrol:
    a. Petron
    b. Shell
    c. Chevron / Caltex

2. For oil, I use Exxon Mobil 1 Fully Syn or Petron Ultron Race Fully Syn, because I mainly get a good deal for both. For petrol, I always use Petron XCS Plus or Xtra Unleaded because I have a fleet card with Petron.

3. Quality is 1st, of course I don't want just anything going into my cars, I want the best quality with the best price. Which leads me to Price is 2nd, especially with the increasing oil prices, where there is a good deal I'll give preference to that. 3rd is Location, oil and petrol are considered necessities for a car so I prefer locations that are along the way of my usual route for convenience. Last is service, because they're pretty simple to do so I really don't care as long as they do it right.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Most would prefer quality but then they have no measure for this. Most answers are "perception" rather than definite "quality control measures" or "standards". Claims of X "feels better" when used in my car cannot be a QC standard.

All the claims are of course based on the marketing crap dished out by the product advertisers. And perception rules more than actual quality of the product.

The only measure you can be sure of (albeit no means for QC) is on price.

(awww marketing na discussion)

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    1. Petron, Shell, Sea Oil
    2. Petron Xtra unleaded - balanced efficiency and power.
    3. Important Factors:
    3 - Price
    1 - Quality of product
    2 - Location
    4 - Service
    5 - Others (New gasoline station)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12