New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jm/goodvsbad.htm

Worth reading just for this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Jil McIntosh
    "Green auto" celebrities - When the Prius first came out, it was hard to get one; most of them were going to celebrities, who made sure they were seen in these socially- and environmentally-conscious vehicles. And now they're falling over themselves to be the first in flexible-fuel and hydrogen and electric and solar cars. Give it a rest, folks. You're no holier than the rest of us. Sure, George Clooney in a Prius saves more fuel than George Clooney in an Escalade. There's no question that these technologies can use fewer resources than conventional vehicles. But have you seen most celebrities' houses? Judging by magazine photos, the majority of them live in huge, air-conditioned mansions, with swimming pools, manicured lawns, guest houses and lush gardens, many of them in the desert.

My house is about 900 square feet. I don't have air conditioning, I don't have a pool, I never water my lawn, I don't use pesticides, and my water comes out of a well in the back yard, instead of being diverted from Colorado to California. Yes, my own vehicle is a full-size V8-powered pickup truck. But overall, I'd say that what I burn in gasoline in a year is less than the energy George spends to air-condition his house and heat his pool for a month. Frankly, I think we're more than even.
    Bwahahaha!!!!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    amen bro.

all i've got to say is that even though they use one of those "modern day vehicles" that use less fuel or from alternative resources, they still have to pay a lot of their amneties.

and talagang lamang tayo!!! wahahaha, sarap mag drive ng evo!!!

buti ka pa safe, nakapagdrive ka ng evo.. ko hangang upo at hawak lang

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Besides, the celebs probably drive around in a Lamborghini when not being snapped by official photographers anyway.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mayroon akong dagdag:

Beepers/bongers - a beep for the seatbelt, a beep for the door, a beep for the lights when the engine's not running, a beep for everything! Why does the car have to go BEEP BEEP BEEP everytime somebody opens the door to get off?! And there's no way to turn the goddamn beep off. So if they can put on all these beeps why do we only have one light for the engine? Recent car models started to throw away the temperature gauge for an idiot light. Why oh why do the car manufacturers have to tell us the obvious?! I want to know if the engine is about to blow up, not when the door is open!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I did have one pet peeve, but automakers have given up on it... the "digital reminder"... it was really irritating to hear: "The door is ajar... the door is ajar... the door is ajar..."

Hello? The car isn't moving? Do we really need to know that while we're parked?

And complicated stereos... I absolutely LOATHE head-units with teeny tiny buttons.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Manual-mode automatic transmissions - You want to shift, get a clutch. I'm guessing most people just play with it for the novelty factor in the first week or two, and then simply put it in Drive and leave it there.
    heehee, i'm guilty here. both my cars have this feature, and after the novelty wore off i just leave it in Sport mode. it doesn't help you from a performance standpoint to shift the gears on a slushie yourself anyway.

Remote start - Get your lazy butt out there and start the thing yourself. Idling isn't good for the engine, and most of them warm up so quickly that they're blowing hot air out of the heater within a few blocks. If it's a hot day, roll down the windows to help the air conditioning get going. It's not rocket science, folks.
    i strongly disagree with this. i don't have remote start, but how can that not be useful in areas that hit 120F or 40F? granted, it is bad for the engine, but most people would trade a little bit of engine life to enter a cool/warm car after sweating/freezing their asses off outside. where in Canada does she live anyway?

heehee, enuf said about the 'socially-conscious' celebrities :bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Mayroon akong dagdag:

Beepers/bongers - a beep for the seatbelt, a beep for the door, a beep for the lights when the engine's not running, a beep for everything! Why does the car have to go BEEP BEEP BEEP everytime somebody opens the door to get off?! And there's no way to turn the goddamn beep off. So if they can put on all these beeps why do we only have one light for the engine? Recent car models started to throw away the temperature gauge for an idiot light. Why oh why do the car manufacturers have to tell us the obvious?! I want to know if the engine is about to blow up, not when the door is open!
    when I was 1st driving my sta. fe, may beep ng beep.siguro naka 1/4km nako, only to find out naka-handbreak pa pala ako.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    What a frustrated wannabe actress.......:hysterical:

:fly:

Edit if I followed and justified my every moves in relation to my neighbours,would have jumped a long time ago. :screwloose:

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly... Hybrids included...