New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    Thanks for the inputs! I'll bring it to a gas station who has a lifter for my next fill up.

How much would it cost me if I have the air filter, fuel filter, and the strainter cleaned or replaced?

TIA!
    Sir go to the honda cars thread at malamang alam na nila sagot dyan. Hindi ko kabisado cost ng filters ng Honda. hehe. Or search ka sa upper right search menu. meron nyan, kunting tiyaga lang sa pag-research.

Replace mo na lang para safe ka. Just a suggestion.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    and i haven't had my gas tank cleaned in any way... since i got the car 13 years ago.. and since it's my coding car, a full tank can last for six weeks..
    so far, no problem.
    i think i'll wait for something to happen. who knows, it might last another 13 years.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    and i haven't had my gas tank cleaned in any way... since i got the car 13 years ago.. and since it's my coding car, a full tank can last for six weeks..
    so far, no problem.
    i think i'll wait for something to happen. who knows, it might last another 13 years.
    Kung hindi yan E10, yes kaya yung 6 weeks. Tagal na ah, regular maintenance and fuelling in a proven clean station will do wonders talaga.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Thank you for your replies sirs!! I already posted my concerns in the Honda Cars Talk but unfortunately no one was able to reply..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Id have my tank cleaned and filters replaced professionally if I were you. But not because of 'napapanis' na gas but in 13 years' time, madami ng dumi malamang nasa tangke mo -- kalawang, ipis, latak, etc.

I agree with the guy who said the shape of the tank tapers toward the bottom kasi I also had a civic from that era. I dont think your usage is small enough to warrant concern of fuel expiration. If I were you I'd just fill it up with non-E10 fuel until automatic most of the time though.

Rather that worry about the aging of the gas left in the tank, I'd be more worried about the moisture from a half empty tank causing damage. Leaving a tank fuller leaves less space for air and less chance of moisture causing damage including kalawang in the tank. My .02 -- but worth 20 petot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is Gasoline Perishable (Napapanis)?