New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dude, with all due respect, i dont find P50/L preposterous at all. Maybe not this year, but when was the last time we saw a rollback? I mean like a serious rollback, not those 0.25c ones?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pansinin nyo, mga gas station na madaming "extra" features mas mahal... i dont think may kinalaman ang delivery. Kung pumunta kayo sa Batangas, mga gas station na malapit sa refinery ang mamahal ng gas.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by pajerokid
    Miks, well, with deregulation diba the gas station owners can charge whatever they want. Pero you do have to cover the delivery charges diba?

Nag apply kasi kami dati for a big three gas station franchise and i recall na mas mataas ang delivery pag mas malayo. Siyempre you have to cover these charges and adjust appropriately. Competition, of course is something which you always have to consider.

tama ba or mali? actually that was years ago, medyo spotty na memory ko. hehe
    yes, you do have to take into consideration the freight charges for your fuel replenishments of your station's tanks. but if you raise prices higher than your competitor's, you would garner a far lesser market share than they are. freight is already incorporated in the pump prices. pero stretched talaga ang margins dahil sa frieght charges nito. kaya pag mataas talaga initial/landed cost ng imported crude or finished product, minsan very minimal/low margin to selling at a loss ang mga service stations.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahaha! I know a gas station not-so-secret secret!

About profit margins on fuel sales

Anyways BTTT...

Miko, being a major decision maker in our local Oil Industry, what can you say of the veracity of the P50/L pump price? If indeed that's gonna happen, when will it?

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    Originally posted by ssaloon
    armand, di totoo yan, fallacy lang yan. price is more dictated on competition among the several service stations located in a certain vicinity.
    Sa may Plaridel, Bulacan halos mas mababa ng 30c to 40c.

Dahil sa nagaagawan sila sa mga truckers.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    matagal pa ata bago dumating sa point na yan. as of now, MOGAS 92 RON (finished product na ito, not the crude) is selling for around $50-$51 per barrel, and our pump price is around P25-P26 per liter right? you will have to double the global market price in order to reach that level of P50 per liter to justify that pricing.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    by the way,

aren't petron & shell pegging their oil price based on new york prices, while caltex and the other suppliers peg theirs on singapore?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think they use the dubai crude prices.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    And another Q.

Why is it that when international oil prices go down, we dont feel it?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    because oil players want to make up for lost revenues when prices were high.
    Last edited by ssaloon; August 6th, 2004 at 09:45 AM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
gasoline at P50 - P60 ????????