New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    pano ba ma cacalculate ang fuel consumption mo km/L? kahit di ka full tank? pano po ba? may gauge ba for these or self observation or formula? need ba talaga full tank para malaman yung km/L?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    AFAIK, you can only calculate your fuel consumption with a full tank. After topping up, set your trip meter to zero and travel a hundred or so kilometers. Then go back to get a full tank again. Divide the total kilometers traveled to the number of liters added. That's the best fuel economy figure you can get.

Here are some reminders when testing.

- During the second full tank, try as much as possible to do it in the same conditions as the first one. It's best to go to the same station and the same pump.

- Once the filling up stops, do not ask the gas boy to add some more so that your measurements are as accurate as possible. This applies to both the first and second full tanks.

- It's best to fill up when the engine isn't that hot yet. I read somewhere that a hot car loses fuel even when the engine is off. I think this has something to do with evaporation.

Hope this helps you. ;)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my fuel consumption has been the same ever since. An average of 28mpg highway/city driving.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    My fuel consumption improves when I shifted to Petron XCS from Shell Premuim.. Ive got better mileage when I pump Xcs..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    im kinda biased when it comes to filling up the tank, with the xtra mileage slogan in mind, i tend to conserve as much as fuel as i can. right now, we're hitting 12kms/L, we usually fill the tank about 33-34L every time...one full tank lasts about 10-11 days. :D

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Alfalfameister, saan ka nagpapa-fill-up? ...para maiwasan namin yang station na yan.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    better bring a bottle of empty 1-liter coke, then ask to fill in 1 liter of gas, tapos compare mo sa sealed 1-liter ng coke kung pareho lang level.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Last fill up ko Petron XCS, ok naman computation ko ng consumption sa accord -8.3km/l. I seem to get better mileage from Petron so I usually gas up now at Petron.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I also think that some Gas Stations do cheat us.

As for me, I put around P200 of gas everyday so I can easily monitor the fuel consumption of the car. Some gas stations fill up about 1/4 gas for the P200. Some fill up about 1/6 for P200 on unfamiliar gas stations.

I monitored a few gas stations in my area that fills up Gas more than what the other gasoline stations put in.

Try putting gas in Scout Rotonda in Q.C. beside Yellow Cab Pizza. They are consistent in Putting more gas than usual. Kaya laging puno dito sa PETRON Gas station na ito. Also, Petron in front of Cherry Congressional Ave is OK.

Notorious in Putting fewer gas than usual is
    1) Petron Mindanao Ave near Pag-asa.
    2) Petron Quezon Ave near Honda Q.A.

TRY IT and Compare so you will believe what I said. Or I may be wrong.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Puro carjacking areas yang gas stations na banggit mo ah...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Are gas stations CHEATING YOU?