New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    baka pwede naman request sa gasoline boy yun slow lang lagay yun trigger. kasi minsan na obserbahan ko pinaglalaruan ng gasoline boy yun trigger ng pump.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Does #3 apply do diesel fuel?

My experience pouring my own fuel here in the US allowed me to notice that fuel pumps there in Manila do not have the vapor suction hose, and instead have the bare nozzle you put into the fuel tank inlet. This vapor suction hood/cover/hose/whatever you want to call it is critical in sucking in gasoline vapors. Noticed too that diesel pumps do not have this because diesel doesn't have the same property of gas (forgot the term) so it doesn't need it.

I think in a country where a lot of people do not follow signs especially no-smoking signs, the use of these bare nozzles in pumps is dangerous and should be modified to suck the vapors back into the station reservoirs underground. This was also featured in an old episode of Top Gear (early 1990's or late 1980's).

Finally I also noticed that the diesel pumps have a higher flow rate than the gasoline pumps, to my delight of course when I fill up my diesel. The article explains it all. Curious, is that slow/medium/high setting adjustable? Can we customers change them?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I didn't know this until now. I should've read this thread before I went out today and filled the car up (my first time to do it myself also). Thanks! I'll keep this in mind.

wow nice post. i also read about #1 a long time ago since then ive been practicing filling my tank every morning. i noticed a difference when filling my tank on the afternoon my distance travelled with a full tank will be less around 30-50km compared when im filling during the morning.

thanks for posting!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Langabe View Post
    baka pwede naman request sa gasoline boy yun slow lang lagay yun trigger. kasi minsan na obserbahan ko pinaglalaruan ng gasoline boy yun trigger ng pump.
    Madalas ko rin sabihin sa gasoline boy na dahan-dahan ang pag-pump ng gas. May nagsabi kasi sa akin, na minsan pag malakas daw yung pressure (yung pagbuga ng fuel into your tank), hangin daw ang lumalabas instead of yung fuel mismo. Totoo kaya ito?
    Last edited by chua_riwap; September 12th, 2007 at 08:33 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Very informative article. From now on, i'll try my best to fill up in the early hours of the morning. I have also read somewhere that gasoline vaporizes at hot temperatures, that's why it is advised to park your car in a shaded area if possible during daytime, and yes, maintain a level above the 50% mark to have a minimum space for air..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mga sirs pwede po yun sa pag regulate ng flow ng gas pumps. Sinasabi ko lang sa gasoline attendant na "PURO" that means pure gas. babagalan nila yung setting or they would pump the gas themselves pero mabagal lang para walang hangin. Sa Taytay and Angono areas ganito yata ang ginagawa ng mga jeeps and alam na nila pag sinabi mong "PURO"..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gusto ko i-try yung number 4 kasi parang totoo at mukhang malaki ang effect. So sasabihin mo sa gas boy na 'puro' para bagalan ang pump?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Peeps, applicable po ang number 4 sa atin. May speed iyong pag pump ng gasoline sa atin, well sa Caltex malapit sa amin meron hehehe. Sabihin nyo lang na mabagal lang ang speed.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Peeps, applicable po ang number 4 sa atin. May speed iyong pag pump ng gasoline sa atin, well sa Caltex malapit sa amin meron hehehe. Sabihin nyo lang na mabagal lang ang speed.
    yes, applicable ang number 4. the gasoline flow can be regulated, sabihin lang dun sa attendant.

medyo problem is number 2, cause we would not know when the station had its last fill up. its good if the truck is still there and you would see. what if the truck just left a few minutes ago. OC noh?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Gas Pumping Tips [MERGED]