New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think according to Niky, the scanguage doesn't work with the Lynx RS.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Yup. Only works with OBDII cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Ahh, figures.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mickoolitz View Post
    *oj88
    What's your average FC? is it possible to get a 8km/l FC? I'm choosing between a Lancer 1.6 04' and a Lynx RS 2.0 04'. I'm quite hesitant to get a Lynx coz of its 2.0 engine.
    It is a common misconception that a bigger engine consumes more fuel. But it is not necessarily true. We all know that given the same weight, the amount of energy needed to move that weight a certain distance is exactly the same.

So you need the same amount of output from a 1.6 engine and a 2.0 engine to move that weight a certain distance.

Since a 1.6 engine is smaller, you need to give it a little more gas to produce the same amount of enery as a 2.0 liter engine. So in the end, it just evens up.

Of course, programming, gearing, body aerodynamics, rolling resistance, and a host of other factors also come into play.

But the biggest factor is the driver himself and his behavior. Pag hinataw mo yung 2.0, of course it would consume more fuel compared to a 1.6.

BTW, last Saturday, I travelled from Sta. Rosa to Subic on a conservative driving mode (average of 110 kph, very rare hataw), did 12 laps at SIR (7 laps sa short course and 5 laps sa long course), and drove home aggressively (as in averaging 180 kph at SCTEX and 140-160 kph at NLEX). And guess what? My fuel consumption was only 10.5 kpl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Gas Problems with My Lynx RS