New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Who among tsikoter owns a gas station? baka sakaling makakuha ng discount pag tsikot members.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    I'm not saying that station is the only one charging a very high gasoline price. I just mentioned this because of a comment above that because of the delivery cost. Delivery cost is NIL because they are nearer to the refinery.

The first Shell gasoline station is just beside SM Batangas, it is on the one side of the City. There are several routes going to the City proper before you reach SM. Each entry have several stations not to include those within the city proper.All gasoline prices within Batangas province have equally same expensive prices. The nearby gasoline station that will give you a cheaper price is in Calamba before you enter the South super highway, about more than 45km from Bta=ngas City/Shell refinery . There are much fewer gasoline stations in that area and still the price are much cheaper but not all.

I think it is not the discretion of the gasoline station to set the high prices, he can be charged of over-pricing.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by stephyes View Post
    I'm not saying that station is the only one charging a very high gasoline price. I just mentioned this because of a comment above that because of the delivery cost. Delivery cost is NIL because they are nearer to the refinery.

The first Shell gasoline station is just beside SM Batangas, it is on the one side of the City. There are several routes going to the City proper before you reach SM. Each entry have several stations not to include those within the city proper.All gasoline prices within Batangas province have equally same expensive prices. The nearby gasoline station that will give you a cheaper price is in Calamba before you enter the South super highway, about more than 45km from Bta=ngas City/Shell refinery . There are much fewer gasoline stations in that area and still the price are much cheaper but not all.
    if everybody has more or less the same prices in the area why should the Shell station sell fuel at lower prices?

coz the Shell station is near the Shell refinery so mababa ang cost so dapat mababa ang presyo?

what i'm getting from your posts is you think the Shell station owner should pass the savings to his customers

eh gusto ng Shell station owner i-pareho presyo niya sa mga kalaban niya sa area

may disadvantage mga kalaban niya sa area. sa ibang lugar galing fuel nila. mas mataas ang cost. di sila makababa ng presyo. alam ni Shell station owner yun

so di niya kelangan makipaglaban sa pababaan ng presyo

pantay nalang niya presyo niya sa ng mga kalaban mas malaki pa kikitain niya kesa sa mga kalaban. swerte niya malapit siya sa refinery

that's business

para sayo overpricing yan

bawal ba ginagawa ng Shell station owner?

is there a law that sets a maximum amount for gas station margins?
    Last edited by uls; March 21st, 2012 at 08:27 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I think it is not the discretion of the gasoline station to set the high prices, he can be charged of over-pricing.
    it is up to gas station owners how much they want to set retail prices

if priced too high in their area wala bibili sa kanila

if priced too low wala sila kikitain

discretion nila yan. judgement nila yan

kaya mga gas stations na magkalapit pareho mga presyo
    Last edited by uls; March 21st, 2012 at 07:52 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    unless small player ka at wala ka brand power di ka papansinin kung pareho presyo mo sa big 3

mapapansin ka lang pag malaki difference mo sa big 3

sayo pupunta mga PUJ at taxi at mga private motorists na walang pakialam sa brand basta mura
    Last edited by uls; March 21st, 2012 at 08:16 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    dito samin sa bicol 60.20 na ang unleaded, at 63.10 na ang premium

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    My last trip in Puerto Princesa Palawan (last week lang ito), gas prices are expensive

Diesel there is approximately P56, while gasoline the is within P60-P62

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I live in Laguna (Binan area), halfway between Batangas and Manila. Diesel is much more expensive in Batangas and also much more expensive in Manila around Nagtahan, right beside the Pandacan oil depot.

The market can take it, so the gas stations are priced higher there. In our town, prices are, on average, over 1 peso lower than near Pandacan. That's what the market will take.

And yet, the minor player gas stations here, whose diesel prices are so low it beggars belief, don't get enough business to survive. Hell, even some Petron and Caltex stations have closed. Even with low prices, market volume cannot sustain competition.

It's supply and demand. If demand is too low, you have to stimulate it with extraordinarily low prices. If demand is very high, you can maximize profit margins and charge "regular" prices.

-

Then there are those stations owned by investors who have friends inside the oil companies, perhaps because they're ex-employees or officials. (I know of one like this), these can undercut the competition in the area even in the absence of pressure to lower prices. This is because they get better deals on supply costs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Seaoil jas slashed php 1.00 off their fuel prices this morning. Diesel is php45.65 in their tandang sora station.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Gas Prices