New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    But Id rather prefer driving my 4x4 rather than a 4x2. Roads here in the provinces are horrible.
    4x4 or 4x2 has no bearing on whether your vehicle can cope with potholes and rocks in the road... only whether your vehicle can dig its way easily out of mud (and that is dependent on tires, too... my Crosswind has served me very well on muddy trails)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

i agree with niky. having a 4wd is not a guarantee on muddy trail.....ask the 4x4ph and suzuki off-roaders club peeps.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    i agree with niky. having a 4wd is not a guarantee on muddy trail.....ask the 4x4ph and suzuki off-roaders club peeps.
    That said... having driven front wheels is always a good asset if you have to "dig" or "rock" your way out of a mud pit... though having a working winch is an even greater asset.

true, having a winch is the best investment on a off-road vehicle..pero car-designs nowadays doesn't permit easy installation of such devices unless palitan mo ng ironman/ARB solid steel front bumpers...

basta alam mo lang mag- "rocking" and "logic" di ka ma-sstuck sa muddy road.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    true, having a winch is the best investment on a off-road vehicle..pero car-designs nowadays doesn't permit easy installation of such devices unless palitan mo ng ironman/ARB solid steel front bumpers...

basta alam mo lang mag- "rocking" and "logic" di ka ma-sstuck sa muddy road.
    Yup. The biggest off-road weapon: the nut behind the wheel. ;)

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yup. The biggest off-road weapon: the nut behind the wheel. ;)
    Right ON!! :thumbup:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Fuel Economy: 4x2 vs 4x4