New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I remember my boss asking me to bring some stuff to baguio using his f150, I was surprised why he gave me 10k for gas on top of the full tank of gas when he dropped off the truck. Well to cut a long story short, upon reaching Tarlac the gas tank was already nearing empty, I knew why he gave that much budget for gasoline. I had to drive with a lighter foot the rest of the trip to make the 10k gasoline budget fit

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I sign off on the gas purchases of our company and for the two E-150s that we own, gas consumption is at 150,000 pesos per month for each on the average. These two are basically used to fetch and ferry our foreign executives from their homes to our office in Makati. The execs mostly live in Rockwell, the Fort, Greenbelt, and Bel Air. We have other vehicles like Previas and Grandias that also get to be used by the execs when the Es are not available due to coding. The execs also carpool.

That amount is good for 3,000 liters of fuel, or 100 liters a day for a 30 day month. The way the vehicles are used, I strongly doubt these are covering 500 kilometers each day.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    People who buy E150's are those who can both afford the maintenance and the fuel of it ...

And yeah .. i think it's hard to drive. Saw one * a ford dealer. Sat on the driver seat and felt i was sitting on a coaster instead of a " family-van " .. :rofl01:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ericbalajadia View Post
    Both the Expedition and the E150 have the same 4.6 and 5.2L V8 variants and are almost mechanically identical. Magkatalo lang siguro sa bigat at laki ng kaha ng E150.
    The Explorer has the V6 and V8 engines.

1st and 2nd Generation Expeditions came with 4.6 engines. But the Expedition has a 5.4 V8 for the Eddie Bauer Models. The current Expedition has an updated 5.4V8 mated to a 6 speed automatic which gives it good mileage on long drives.

The E150 has had the 4.6 V8 since it was introduced locally. There has been some updates for the latest model but nothing radical that would make a dramatic improvement in FC. It weighs almost the same as the standard length 2nd and 3rd Generation Expedition but much less compared to the Expedition EL. FC for city driving for E150 and Expedition should be roughly around 3-4km with traffic. On highways these can get anywhere from 6-9km/l
    Last edited by glntVR; December 31st, 2010 at 11:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Fuel Consumption of e150?