New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bullet proof na civic :rofl: be realistic naman sa choice of vehicle to bullet proof. if you really need a bullet proof vehicle, take a hint from the bank armored cars - diesel, 4wd, ladder chasis, big engine. or start ka na lang from scratch, ask jappy to make you a stainless steel amc hammer with a v-8 land cruiser engine. 16 gauge stainless should be able to stop a 9mm and even a 45 acp bullet. then go get 2 inch thick persplex windows. but if the man with the gun happens to employ anything with a 12 inch long barrel or longer, just give him what he wants!

if the problem is moving big amounts of money, anybody ever heard of a check? DUH! open a checking account and you don't need to carry huge amounts of cash. if your business associates demand something better than a personal check, then there are managers/cashiers checks. and only carry enough cash that you can afford to lose. pag hinabol ka ng holdaper, e di ibato mo na lang sa kanya yung cash at hayaan mo siya magpulot ng pera sa kalsada.

as for check points, if you have nothing to hide then why act as if you do? turn on the gadam cabin lights and open the windows before the man in the uniform asks you to do so. pag kilos astig ka e di puputukan ka nga.
    Last edited by yebo; May 18th, 2008 at 05:33 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    wow, pag may nakabulletproof na stock na civic, medyo luluwag na loob ko sa FC ng car namin * 4km/l! :D

seriously, defensive driving is better compared to getting your car b-proofed. ever heard of the saying "in the battle between warhead and armor, warhead always wins." whether it be 9mm or 9megatons, you will still get hurt. the main thing about defensive driving is UNPREDICTABILITY. don't go to the bank at the same time, using the same route etc etc. this is what i do, ever since we got threatened by a lunatic we contracted a few jobs back. and if you're really disciplined, the ability to shoot back will increase your odds, but again there is this principle: "a bullet will always destroy 2 lives, the victim AND the shooter".

In and around davao, checkpoints full of soldiers and spec-ops police armed with m16's, m14's and sometimes m60 MG's abound. the best way to deal with them quickly and safely? be courteuos. like yebo said, dim your lights, open your dome light and lower all windows. almost always i will be waved through without coming to a full stop. this i did during last years election in manila, driving home from an airsoft game and having to pass a comelec checkpoint. good thing i was driving a liteace, and i was waved through without them seeing the 2 airsoft m4 and steyr in the 2nd row seat!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Para sakin ang pinaka solusyon mo dito is not via your car but via your bank manager CHECKS, DEBIT CARDS, CREDIT CARDS. These are all more effective tools than bulletproof cars Me I probably have P2000 in my wallet on any given time but I have 3 credit cards just in case....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Huwag naman Civic. Accord man lang sana.........

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hirap na maakyat yung speed beyond 60kph. Acceleration is so bad even worse than a jeep. To reach 15kph the 1st gear is revving up to 3000rpm already
    There's more to that Tamaraw FX than just bulletproof windows ... it is probably bulletproof all over its body ... to make it so heavy?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Wag tayo paranoid sa mga nagyayari. Making your honda bulletproof will only raise the curiosity of robbers. Madalas hindi ka naman babarilin niyan habang nasa loob ka hihintayin niyan ilipat mo and pinoprotectahan mo. Yebo is correct pag checkpoint bukas cabin light, be cool, salute then papadaanin ka na without stopping.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you want a bullet resistant car, go to ortigas beside POEA, may binebenta doon. Most are Benzs or big SUVs.

Just be cautious. If you really need protection, buy a bullet proof vest. Cheaper, lighter and no additional fuel consumption.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    If you want a bullet resistant car, go to ortigas beside POEA, may binebenta doon. Most are Benzs or big SUVs.

Just be cautious. If you really need protection, buy a bullet proof vest. Cheaper, lighter and no additional fuel consumption.
    Yeah. You guys have a point. Anyway. Has anyone heard of a portable manueverable handheld bullet proof shield. I mean.. a small say 1.5 feet by 1.5 feet square bullet proof shield where you can manually use it (by a handle at the side) to say shield you from any attacker at the side of the car or even front. For example. A motor cycle chases you at the side and about to shoot you. You use the shield to deflect the bullet and then run over him... something like that. This should be handy.. also when you encounter road rage folks like Roland Go who shot Maguan a decade ago...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    why dont get a professional security detail then? bili ka ng big body corolla para discreet for you back up vehicle ..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    wala rin silbi ipabullet proof yung civic, gaya nga nungmga post above babagal yung sasakyan, at dahil mabagal aabutan ka din nung mga attacker mo diba? bulletproof vehicles doensn't guarantee complete safety, it only guarantees to give you enough time to get away from the primary and/or secondary attacks.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Fuel consumption of bullet proofed civics, etc.