New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    With our Navara and X-trail I find that with the way I drive, premium fuel gives better mileage. That may mean nothing because every trip to the pump is different. Road and traffic conditions change so much it's impossible to compare. That's not even counting other factors like weather, elevation, your mood, etc. Only way to really tell is through a controlled test where there are no variables.

For gasoline I fill up with Petron 93 Ron or Shell 95 Ron. For diesel I fill up with Petron Turbodiesel. There's a big difference in how much more fun the cars are to drive vs a small increase in price. I stopped measuring fuel economy a long time ago. Useless with today's traffic.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    With our Navara and X-trail I find that with the way I drive, premium fuel gives better mileage. That may mean nothing because every trip to the pump is different. Road and traffic conditions change so much it's impossible to compare. That's not even counting other factors like weather, elevation, your mood, etc. Only way to really tell is through a controlled test where there are no variables.

For gasoline I fill up with Petron 93 Ron or Shell 95 Ron. For diesel I fill up with Petron Turbodiesel. There's a big difference in how much more fun the cars are to drive vs a small increase in price. I stopped measuring fuel economy a long time ago. Useless with today's traffic.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Oo nga naman.if long drives, i would still prefer hi-octane since iba talaga ang hatak.pero kung traffic, good luck. but here in Davao, traffic isn't much of a problem naman kaya I still prefer using hi-octane since nakakasave naman ako ng about .60 to .70 cents per kilometer. So i wouldn't mind using it everyday since halos same lang naman ang gas expenses ko.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Sir, medyo ot lang, na try niyo na phoenix 95-97 octane? Ok ba siya?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj_abs View Post
    Sir, medyo ot lang, na try niyo na phoenix 95-97 octane? Ok ba siya?
    Been using the 98 octane of phoenix for 1yr. Have no complaints.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Vpower nitro from shell. Maganda takbo ng 04 jimny. Better on my 16 swift

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Q: i let my dad to drive Cx-5 with skyactive i-stop function and Lancer Gt-a. .4B11 engine., and both car resulted on avg FC of 11.1L/100km, does this means that he drives that efficiently no matter what car he droves??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Fuel consumption affected by gasoline's Octane number?