New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I do freewheel when I'm slowing down to a stop at intersections. I can feel the difference in stopping power needed when it is in gear and when it is not in gear. IMHO mas madali mag-brake kapag naka-N siya vs kung naka-gear.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post

Kaya pansinin niyo pag nakastop at naka neutral medyo mataas rpm, pagnaka-D mas mababa rpm.
    Kaya ako ganin kasi ayaw ko ng transmission shock kakakambyo.
    Yes, napapansin ko rin yan. But I think kaya bumaba ang RPM kasi naka engaged ang gear and at the same time, naka apply ang brakes.

Sa mga expert, ito naman ay opposite ng free wheeling. Pwede bang gawing mag shift from D to 3 (or lower gears) sa normal A/T to slow down the vehicle instead of applying the brakes?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I tried this earlier sa MT Accent ko. Pag free wheeling ako, lumalabas 3.2L/100kms ako (70-80kph).

Nung di ko disengage ang gear, 0.0L/100kms ang reading (min of 30kph)

It works talaga kaya di na ko mag free wheeling. May control pa ako

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    gawain ko din yan lalo na sa expressway kapag malapit na sa exit.mag nuetral na ako.madali lang kasi sa manual ang mag free wheel

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by weewee View Post
    I tried this earlier sa MT Accent ko. Pag free wheeling ako, lumalabas 3.2L/100kms ako (70-80kph).

Nung di ko disengage ang gear, 0.0L/100kms ang reading (min of 30kph)

It works talaga kaya di na ko mag free wheeling. May control pa ako

That's not the way you check. You do an entire drive cycle (start, accelerate, slow down, u-turn, start, accelerate, slow down, u-turn, return to starting point) and check the fuel economy at the end of it. Not the instant economy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    That's not the way you check. You do an entire drive cycle (start, accelerate, slow down, u-turn, start, accelerate, slow down, u-turn, return to starting point) and check the fuel economy at the end of it. Not the instant economy.
    Am a little confused on this one. The total FE will be based on the instantaneous FE, right? So it stands to reason that when you get an a LOT of 0.00L/100Km (or 0.00L/Hr or 999Km/L) instantaneous readings, that will count towards a better final FE computation, is it not?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Am just comparing free wheeling vs engaged gear.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    dapat siguro ganito ang comparison.

free wheeling and apply brakes to reduce speed or engine brake.

sent via LaTE Network

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Free Wheeling: Pros and Cons