New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hi guys, I'm planning to open a business that will require a delivery vehicle. So far, my uncles are at war in proposing either the FB van, the Toyota FX or those multicabs that seem to be everywhere. I don't see anything wrong with either or these vehicles but here are my concerns. First & foremost, it has to be extremely fuel efficient. Secondly, I'd like for it to have seating capacity for when a lot of us need to go somewhere all at once. And lastly, it has to last long but needs to be very cheap so I don't put a huge dent on my overhead. Appreciate your help! Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    1. Whats your budget?
    2. How heavy a load do you carry?
    3. Who will drive it? You or a company driver?
    4. Brand new or 2nd hand?

The Toyota Hilux FX is probably the best among your choices. It has good carrying capacity and can carry both cargo and people. t should also be fuel efficient. I thinks its about 870,000 or so brand new.

By FB do you mean the L300 FB? Its a reliable van. I use 5 L300 vans in my business. It meets all your requirements but its a very old 1980s design that has not changed. If you need a vehicle that will last until the end of the world and dont care for comfort, this is the one.

The multicab is a hit or miss thing. We had one before and all it gave me was problems. If you are lucky and get a good unit then it should serve you well. However, these are made from surplus parts so its always a gamble. I'll skip this one. It may be cheap but you get what you pay for.

Another option for you is the L200. It has a FB version and pick up version. It uses the same 4d56 engine as the L300. So it should last forever.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    what type of business are you planning to open?

I'm assuming that the FB Van you are referring to is the L300. it's my pick among the 3. very cheap to maintain and parts are almost everywhere. since you said that you will also need seating capacity, then go get the fb.

toyota fx? anong fx? hilux fx or the tamaraw fx?

multicabs are great workhorses. also good for deliveries. we also have one for our business. fuel efficient but incredibly sloooooooooooow

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Why not try Kia K2700? We have L300 FB before, matibay naman siya, takaw huli nga lang sa smoke belching. Then now meron kaming KIa K2700 malamig pa aircon at mas maganda NVH niya compared sa L300 FB.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Why not try Kia K2700? We have L300 FB before, matibay naman siya, takaw huli nga lang sa smoke belching. Then now meron kaming KIa K2700 malamig pa aircon at mas maganda NVH niya compared sa L300 FB.
    ano ang NVH?

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    if your base of operations is in a place frequented by anti-smoke belching operations, get the multicab. yun nga lang cons nito is makupad manakbo pero matipid sa maintenance at parts. di pa gaanong sitahin. just make sure you get a manila registered unit though.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    We have used the L300 FB and they are very good workhorses. They are fuel efficient and reliable. The only drawback is that they will at some point belch smoke so they would require maintenance at regular intervals. I can imagine the back can fit quite a good number of people. I remember our units made deliveries all the way to Ilocos, Bicol and even to Mountain Province.

Good luck.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    1. Whats your budget? No more than 100k.
    2. How heavy a load do you carry? Not so heavy, mostly clothes & retail goods so it should be covered, not like pick-up cabs. More like the FB L200.
    3. Who will drive it? You or a company driver? Driver, but I'd appreciate something I can also drive.
    4. Brand new or 2nd hand? Definitely not brand new. For the multi cabs, I'd like to get the local ones but how do you know when it's not clearly stated?
    Thanks!!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    what type of business are you planning to open? - Laundry Shop etc.
    toyota fx? anong fx? hilux fx or the tamaraw fx? - Tamaraw FX
    Thanks!!!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Yeah, what's NVH?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
FB, FX or Multicab?