New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    with your budget your pretty much limited to the multicab.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    1. Whats your budget?
    2. How heavy a load do you carry?
    3. Who will drive it? You or a company driver?
    4. Brand new or 2nd hand?

The Toyota Hilux FX is probably the best among your choices. It has good carrying capacity and can carry both cargo and people. t should also be fuel efficient. I thinks its about 870,000 or so brand new.

By FB do you mean the L300 FB? Its a reliable van. I use 5 L300 vans in my business. It meets all your requirements but its a very old 1980s design that has not changed. If you need a vehicle that will last until the end of the world and dont care for comfort, this is the one.

The multicab is a hit or miss thing. We had one before and all it gave me was problems. If you are lucky and get a good unit then it should serve you well. However, these are made from surplus parts so its always a gamble. I'll skip this one. It may be cheap but you get what you pay for.

Another option for you is the L200. It has a FB version and pick up version. It uses the same 4d56 engine as the L300. So it should last forever.
    1. Whats your budget? No more than 100k.
    2. How heavy a load do you carry? Not so heavy, mostly clothes & retail goods so it should be covered, not like pick-up cabs. More like the FB L200.
    3. Who will drive it? You or a company driver? Driver, but I'd appreciate something I can also drive.
    4. Brand new or 2nd hand? Definitely not brand new. For the multi cabs, I'd like to get the local ones but how do you know when it's not clearly stated?
    Thanks!!

To the MODS, so sorry to repost this. I made the mistake of clicking on "reply" instead of the "reply with quote" button. Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I have both L300 FB and Suzuki Super Carry (local name ng Multicab).

Generally mas ok L300. Matipid sa gas at mas madali sa pyesa. Imagine, from the 80's hanggang ngayon nagbebenta pa rin ng brandnew. Problema lang may mga lugar na hulihin sya for smoke belching maski well maintained. Pero may solution din, pwede ka magpa voluntary emmissions testing every 3 months, tapos may hawak ka na certification na ipapakita mo sa nanghuhuli. Mga 400 yata yun. Sa budget lang medyo kapos ka, nasa 120-140 ang starting price ng mga 2nd hand.

Sa Multicab halos lahat yan converted. Pati mga benta sa dealer na multicab converted din (nakabili kami sa Philhino, sama ng conversion). Yung Super Carry namin, nabili namin brandnew nung 89. Umaandar pa rin ngayon. Sa pyesa, halos sa Casa nalang ako nakaka order (discounted via member Zukiman, pero mas active sya sa 4x4ph.com). Ang local 4 cylinder, sa converted 3. For it's size, malakas sya sa gas, tapos namimili ng gas, high octane dapat gagamitin. Carbureted pa sya at maselan sa maintenance. May times na hirap i-start, maski bagong tune up.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Urbano View Post
    Hi guys, I'm planning to open a business that will require a delivery vehicle. So far, my uncles are at war in proposing either the FB van, the Toyota FX or those multicabs that seem to be everywhere. I don't see anything wrong with either or these vehicles but here are my concerns. First & foremost, it has to be extremely fuel efficient. Secondly, I'd like for it to have seating capacity for when a lot of us need to go somewhere all at once. And lastly, it has to last long but needs to be very cheap so I don't put a huge dent on my overhead. Appreciate your help! Thanks in advance!

Just my ten cents....

In choosing your delivery vehicles, you need to know how heavy your loads will be. Each vehicle has a rated net weight it can carry without damaging itself. Even if you say it's not heavy, it is best to QUANTIFY how heavy a box of clothes would be and how many boxes of them will you be loading in your van/truck at one time.

L300 FB is a light duty vehicle that may not fare well in the long term with heavier loads. May result in transmission issues with near-to-capacity loads.

Isuzu NVH van/truck is one of the lighter capacity of the NHR series (2 ton capacity). Only downside the access to the engine is through the driver seat which limits access. The usual NHR has a flip-cab design for engine access. Durable enough as long as you don't exceed rated weight capacity. First thing to go would be the clutch if you exceed capacity. The rest of the vehicle fares well. Overall, designed to last for decades with proper maintenance.

Kia K2700 doesn't seem to fare well in terms of durability.

Suzuki Multicabs is a hit and miss proposition because they're basically 2nd hand. Upside is they are cheap but the downside they may not have the load capacity to drive with your required loads.

Toyota FX is a so-so choice... still I would say check your load's weight first.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Urbano View Post
    Not so heavy, mostly clothes & retail goods so it should be covered

Consider mo din ung tricycle with modified side car, since kukuha naman din ng driver.

Laundry shop ka, so mga short trips lang yan, sisirain ang battery mo due to start and stops (hindi mag charge properly ang battery), so better go with a motorcycle na meron kick starter.

Low maintenance at operational cost and within your budget.

Regarding naman your requirement na gusto mo din i-drive, better have a separate vehicle for your needs, wag po pagsamahin ang pang negosyo car with personal car or mag taxi ka na lang.
    Last edited by Manilablock; July 26th, 2013 at 12:24 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Consider mo din ung tricycle with modified side car, since kukuha naman din ng driver.

Laundry shop ka, so mga short trips lang yan, sisirain ang battery mo due to start and stops (hindi mag charge properly ang battery), so better go with a motorcycle na meron kick starter.

Low maintenance at operational cost and within your budget.

Regarding naman your requirement na gusto mo din i-drive, better have a separate vehicle for your needs, wag po pagsamahin ang pang negosyo car with personal car or mag taxi ka na lang.
    I kinda agree to this. But still, multicab is a good option, yun nga lang medyo alanganin. My tito got one for his school service business, ok yung nakuha nya. Yung kapitbahay naman namin bumili din pampasada, sablay talaga hanggang binenta na lang nya.. Eto kasi ang patok sa Lipa eh. hehe

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    mas ok sana kung hilux fx or L200. pero mas mahal. kung hindi kaya, better choose L300 than multicab

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    i wonder kung ano ang kinuha ni ts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
FB, FX or Multicab?