New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Do you know that traffic congestion is one of the biggest contributor of global warming? Here in the U.S alone (according to Urban mobility report)79 more million hours and wasted 69 million more gallons of fuel in 2003 than in 2002. Overall in 2003, there were 3.7 billion hours travel delay and 2.3 billions gallons of wasted fuel for a total cost of more than 63 billion U.S dollar. Now its 2008...god knows how much.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by judoman View Post
    ayaw naman po sya paniwalaan ng DOST e. siguro po dahil malaki kita ng goverment sa big 3? dati nagpunta yan dito samin. nilagyan nya ng kunganu yung mga jeepney na mausok. tapos nung start at rev, labasan yung usok. pero after that wala na usok. kaso mahal naman ng price. so wala rin bumili na jeepney driver.. haay.. sayang lang talino mo talaga pag dito sa pinas.
    hinde sa ayaw paniwalaan, paano mo paniniwalaan ang hinde totoo...

eh di sana ngayon siya na ang pinaka mayaman tao sa mundo kung totoo yun invention niya...

some people are just so damn naive ...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I guess we can start with Ringostarr...
    Wahahahaha..... :hysterical:

The big problem is that oil is still too cheap.

Simply put, the rate of development in China and India demands fuel, and with an expanding economy, they actually have the money to pay for that oil, despite record prices.

The speculators know that... and they couldn't give a rat's ass about the rest of us suffering the effects of high prices. As long as someone's still buying, they're still getting rich and the CO2 level is still going up. And there's some sense of urgency amongst these power players... a lot of them are building up huge nest eggs for the post-oil era... where physical assets and other hard properties bought with oil money will ensure that they stay in power and in wealth for the foreseeable future.

As for the rest of us. Well, soybean farming sounds like a nice past-time.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    If I have the money, I'll go electric!

Even if there is an ambivalent truth about Global Warming. The truth is, lung cancer is also real. Cars may not contribute a lot about these so-called lung cancer. But at least, I helped and a little more advantageous about being a little guilt-free from emmission deposits. Sort of guilt-free.
    iam3739.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ever increasing cost of fuel = solution to global warming?