New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my experience, is...
    mas matagal pa ang transaction, kapag hindi cash.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Pinoys love cash... (before we react, let's not forget the PUV drivers who will need to earn their fuel money on the same day)

When I worked in retail, being the manager, I loved card transactions since you don't need to do a (1)"cash count" and (2) if ever you loose you're receipt, you can just write a sorry letter to the bank.

But the owners hated it, turns out the bank will take around 2 weeks to pay for the actual transaction (this was in the late '90s so maybe things have changed)

I remember my last road trip to Malaysia, I needed to fill up gas in Malacca but forgot to activate my credit card for overseas transactions. The gasoline attendant offered that I use his card then I just hand over the cash to him... I don't think I'll ever see our local gas attendants holding credit cards (thanks to our local bank's requirements) So just imagine how difficult it will be for PUV drivers to get one.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Kung electronic ang collection ng PUVs pwede ring electronic ang pambili nila. Parang beep card na universal kahit gas station or mapa 7-11. Parang octopus card or yung sa HK.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    but if someone were to institute the change and actually require it, no questions asked, pupuede pa.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    Kung electronic ang collection ng PUVs pwede ring electronic ang pambili nila. Parang beep card na universal kahit gas station or mapa 7-11. Parang octopus card or yung sa HK.

may weakness ang beep card, pag nawala mo yong card, kasama yong pera mawawala din sayo, at kung sino naka pulot, magagamit niya ito without any problem, kaya nga di ko mention ang beep card dito

still the EMV ATM if we want secured payment, security on our side and security on the merchant side, win win scenario! kaso naka audit nga yan, di na pwede dayain, di na pwede mag hokus pokus...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Pinoys love cash... (before we react, let's not forget the PUV drivers who will need to earn their fuel money on the same day)

When I worked in retail, being the manager, I loved card transactions since you don't need to do a (1)"cash count" and (2) if ever you loose you're receipt, you can just write a sorry letter to the bank.

But the owners hated it, turns out the bank will take around 2 weeks to pay for the actual transaction (this was in the late '90s so maybe things have changed)

I remember my last road trip to Malaysia, I needed to fill up gas in Malacca but forgot to activate my credit card for overseas transactions. The gasoline attendant offered that I use his card then I just hand over the cash to him... I don't think I'll ever see our local gas attendants holding credit cards (thanks to our local bank's requirements) So just imagine how difficult it will be for PUV drivers to get one.
    not for me, i avoid cash as much as possible

1st its dirty
    2nd can be shortchanged
    3rd there are fakes

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    may weakness ang beep card, pag nawala mo yong card, kasama yong pera mawawala din sayo, at kung sino naka pulot, magagamit niya ito without any problem, kaya nga di ko mention ang beep card dito

still the EMV ATM if we want secured payment, security on our side and security on the merchant side, win win scenario! kaso naka audit nga yan, di na pwede dayain, di na pwede mag hokus pokus...
    I know what youre saying but you do get my point diba. If isang segment lang ang gagawin electronic, it would be very hard. It has to be a huge change with the expectation na dadami ang users, may it be gas stations , puvs, commuters etc. Otherwise kung isang area lang then it might not be worth it. Also note the majority of country ay unbanked. Same is true with other 3rd world countries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12