New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by carl94 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am currently working on an electric conversion of a regular car. I was wondering if you have information on where I can get dc motors locally. I hope to finish the project in a few months and will write about the performance when I'm done.

Many many years ago, we used the electric motor (harley davidson brand!!) salvaged from an electric golf cart to do our electric vehicle project.

Anyway, today you can try contacting the tsikot.com member romski123 as he is connect with the e-jeepney project. He might be able to help you purchase everything you need.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 9th, 2010 at 09:21 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    necropost!

so it's 2016 on the eve of the electric vehicle revolution

batteries are finally "good enough" for everyday use. the Pansonic "NCA" cells in Teslas have an 8-year warranty. although still expensive its benefits means that you don't have to bother with primitive lead-acid batteries anymore

so here i am contemplating on converting a small car like a Suzuki Alto to electric. the small size means that everythings gonna be smaller thus cheaper

2 options:

Plan A: is to simply attach 2 hub motors to the rear axle of this FWD car. install the battery pack in the boot. done! but you won't get the full benefits of electric: the dirty dino-juice burner is still there so you still have to deal w/ maintenance and other BS associated with it...

Plan B: is to rip out the internal combustion engine and replace it with an electric motor. shouldn't be too difficult you just have to fab an adapter plate that bolts into the transmission. the A/C can be cranked with a smaller motor. voila. pure electric car. no hybrid non-sense. goodbye oil changes, tune ups, oil/air/fuel filters, timing belts etc!!! but how the heck would i register this car?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

Plan B: is to rip out the internal combustion engine and replace it with an electric motor. shouldn't be too difficult you just have to fab an adapter plate that bolts into the transmission. the A/C can be cranked with a smaller motor. voila. pure electric car. no hybrid non-sense. goodbye oil changes, tune ups, oil/air/fuel filters, timing belts etc!!! but how the heck would i register this car?
    I'm also thinking of doing this to a classic car...

There's always kits available, but pricey

ZELECTRIC MOTORS

Sent from Zenfone 3 on Tsikot mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Electric Hybrid Conversion for FWD cars