New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by karpul View Post
    Hi GH, is it best to have this on my M3 with an LPG installed?
    Not really "best". Like I said earlier in this thread, the fuel economy gauge is just a visual tool to help you adjust your driving habits. It will not automatically result in better FC. If you think your driving habits could be improved to maximize FC, then have one installed. You can make it like a game to try to keep your Vacuum gauge to read closer to "green" as much as possible.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Not really "best". Like I said earlier in this thread, the fuel economy gauge is just a visual tool to help you adjust your driving habits. It will not automatically result in better FC. If you think your driving habits could be improved to maximize FC, then have one installed. You can make it like a game to try to keep your Vacuum gauge to read closer to "green" as much as possible.
    That's great to hear. I will install this together with voltmeter..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014

extra unleaded para mak tipid sa gas kung de gasolina oto at dipende din kung ganu na katanda ang isang sasakyan, pero kung mga 2013-2014 model na sasakyan yan sigurado matipid pa mga yaan.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    yes.

no because there is no throttle valve which helps generates the vacuum inside the intake manifold.

yes, if you have leaks in the installation, your engine can run a little "funky" because the air-fuel ratio will be leaner than it should be.
    Seyoso hindi ito pwede sa diesel engines?

Pero nakita ko sa ibang UV express (Crosswind, Advies, Urvan, et al.) meron sila nito? So, saan kaya nila kinabit yung mga vacuum gauge nila?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    By the way, para sa mga non-OBD or non-scannable cars you could also use your vacuum gauge to diagnose engine problems.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Fuel economy gauge? I think i have one that comes stock with the car, it doesnt work

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    good Idea kaya lang sayang diesel ang pag gagamitan

8. Join Date
    May 2016

Do you want to improve your car's fuel economy and you think you have tried all you can with your car?

Have you tried installing a fuel economy gauge on your car?

A simple vacuum gauge will do.

You just have to remember which values are for poor, fair, and good fuel economy.

0-5 - poor
    6-10 - fair
    11 - 17 - good
    18 - 23 - idle

----------------------------------------

Why a vacuum gauge? Because it gives the driver a visual reference how his "foot" will result in what kind of fuel consumption. This is only a reference to the driver.

If the driver ignores the gauge, then the gauge is pointless.

BTW, this assumes your engine is in 100% working order and have no vacuum/pressure leaks from the valves, manifold, hoses, etc.

good boy lol

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
DIY: Fuel Economy Gauge for your car (to lower your car's fuel consumption)