New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    neyson, I think 7 k/ltr is too much for your 1.3L Hindi kaya sira ang carb mo? If you followed the advise of GH and fc is still a problem, sound like a bad carb. The idea of filling up a tank, travelling for a distance then filling up again, dividing km travelled by
    liters used is the cheapest way to determine fc. Its not accurate compared to flowmeters, though. Our 98 KIA Pride has a fc of 20-25k/ltr(before 13k/ltr)

This is your lucky day. If you pass near our place, I'll install our device absolutely free, provided you tell me at least a week before coming. Kung may barkada kang dadaan dito, ibibigay ko na lang sa kanya, since you are too far away from our place. Yong NUVITRON lang which could save you 20-30%. You should fix your car's fc first, to at least 10-12K/ltr long drive; otherwise, your fc will be reduced pero may problema pa sa car mo, baka lalong lumala. Please read our blog: nuvisys.blogspot.com I'll be waiting for your call if you are interested. Thank you

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi.

Are most vacuum gauge brands available today reliable? I've only had experience with VDO which I bought 30 years ago.

If some are better than others, kindly let me know which are best. Would like to put one in a '98 Sentra 1.4 A/T that seems to guzzle gas more than it should.

Thanks!

Jaime

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vegetablejoe View Post
    Hi.

Are most vacuum gauge brands available today reliable? I've only had experience with VDO which I bought 30 years ago.

If some are better than others, kindly let me know which are best. Would like to put one in a '98 Sentra 1.4 A/T that seems to guzzle gas more than it should.

Thanks!

Jaime

Kindly note that a vacuum gauge (used as an economy gauge) will only help you to adjust your driving habits. if your car has problems/defects which would cause it to guzzle fuel, this mod will not fix that problem.

I used Auto-Gauge in my own mod. It's affordable and comes in styles/sizes to match my requirements.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vegetablejoe View Post
    Hi.

Thanks!

Jaime
    The 1.4L a/t Sentra is a bit of a guzzler really due to it's small engine on a big body. We had one before and it consumed around 7km/L+ at the average if memory serves me correctly. Highway driving could get even worse as we had to push the pedal hard when the car is loaded up.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Kindly note that a vacuum gauge (used as an economy gauge) will only help you to adjust your driving habits. if your car has problems/defects which would cause it to guzzle fuel, this mod will not fix that problem.

I used Auto-Gauge in my own mod. It's affordable and comes in styles/sizes to match my requirements.
    Yup. Thanks. Just want to "calibrate" my light foot on that Sentra, and want to eliminate poor driving habits from the equation, before looking for mechanical problems. I got 9 km per liter when I drove that car a few weeks ago. The car isn't mine, but am told is malakas sa gas by the previous driver (mukhang lagi nakabukas makina and aircon while waiting).

I'd also like to put a gauge on a CRV, and on a Jimny I just acquired, but am afraid of voiding the warranty on the latter.

Will look around for that brand. Salamat!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Nag install din ako ng Vacuum Gauge. Galing ito sa 5 in 1 Tune-up kit ( P2,998.00 ) para makatipid. Gumamit ng 5 feet na vacuum hose P15 / ft. namulot lang ako ng T adaptor.

Mamya ko pa masubukan kung mali nga yun style ko na change gear ako from 1st to 2nd gear once naka buwelo na konti yun kotse 1,500 rpm.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Im hinking of installing a vaccum gauge hoping to improve fc on my innova. Which shops sell and install this? Im from QC area near Congressional Avenue.TIA

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    COOL TOPIC learned alot

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

Hi GH, is it best to have this on my M3 with an LPG installed?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
DIY: Fuel Economy Gauge for your car (to lower your car's fuel consumption)