New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The best way to determine any car's FC is from full tank to full tank and noting from your odometer or tripmeter how far you drove until you filled up the 2nd time. Then divide the kilometers by the number of liters of fuel.

The fuel gauge is not that accurate.
    Hi got another question what are the things that I need to have checked or tested in case I' m having fc issue. Mine is only averaging 7km/l w/c I believe cosumes too much fuel for a 1.3 carb engine. I already have it tuned up for fuel economy at Mitsubishi Casa at Dasma few months ago it seemed to have improved but now it went back to 7km per liter. I'm not sure if "pizza pies" have bad fc or if it's just mine.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by neyzon View Post
    Hi got another question what are the things that I need to have checked or tested in case I' m having fc issue. Mine is only averaging 7km/l w/c I believe cosumes too much fuel for a 1.3 carb engine.
    FC is really something that depends on many factors.

One factor is the lightness or heaviness of the traffic in your weekly route. Another is your driving habits (do you like to accelerate quickly or do sudden braking, etc). These does not even have to do anything with your car.

As for your car:
    -engine condition - ignition timing, sparkplug condition, electrical system condition, cylinder compression
    -engine carb - is the carb clean and jets in good condition? Have you checked for the jets being eroded by E10 gasoline?
    -engine accessories - are the belts okay or too tight? Are the bearings still fine or do they need replacement? Does the alternator and compressor rotate easily?
    -suspension/wheels - is your wheels aligned and have the correct camber? Do you have correct air pressure in all tires? Are you using wide tires or narrow tires?
    -car interior - do you carry excess heavy baggage in your car? reducing weight will increase fuel efficiency.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    FC is really something that depends on many factors.

One factor is the lightness or heaviness of the traffic in your weekly route. Another is your driving habits (do you like to accelerate quickly or do sudden braking, etc). These does not even have to do anything with your car.

As for your car:
    -engine condition - ignition timing, sparkplug condition, electrical system condition, cylinder compression
    -engine carb - is the carb clean and jets in good condition? Have you checked for the jets being eroded by E10 gasoline?
    -engine accessories - are the belts okay or too tight? Are the bearings still fine or do they need replacement? Does the alternator and compressor rotate easily?
    -suspension/wheels - is your wheels aligned and have the correct camber? Do you have correct air pressure in all tires? Are you using wide tires or narrow tires?
    -car interior - do you carry excess heavy baggage in your car? reducing weight will increase fuel efficiency.
    Traffic & heavy baggage is not an issue in my case I mean there's not much congestion in my route & been following fuel economy tips. I guess the next thing to do is to have my car checked as mention above. Thnx for being informative I'm learning a lot here =)

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Saan makakabili ng ganito gauge and other gauges?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tomboy View Post
    Saan makakabili ng ganito gauge and other gauges?
    Car accessory stores

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    ^
    Ano name ng store yung maraming choices ng mga gauges? Bili kasi ako temperature gauge pati ibang gauges.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got my vacuum gauge from G&S Kamias (they also own the nearby Fuji Auto Supply). 9218831, look for Ronald.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I'd install one but I want to put it in place of the head unit area. Anybody know where to get a 1-DIN gauge panel?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kaeru618157 View Post
    I'd install one but I want to put it in place of the head unit area. Anybody know where to get a 1-DIN gauge panel?
    I haven't seen one in the local shops.

There is a seller in sul!t.com but he is selling with 3 gauges included at P6500.

I would think your best luck would be ordering abroad like amazon.com

Last edited by ghosthunter; May 27th, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Thanks GH. I've seen the one in sulit. Expensive! Might explore a DIY option...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
DIY: Fuel Economy Gauge for your car (to lower your car's fuel consumption)