New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    question: say you have a euro-2 - compliant, non-CRDi diesel truck,let's assume well maintained siya...if you use euro-4 fuel, will the exhaust be euro-4 compliant?

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    question: say you have a euro-2 - compliant, non-CRDi diesel truck,let's assume well maintained siya...if you use euro-4 fuel, will the exhaust be euro-4 compliant?
    it will need extensive modification of the emission/exhaust system in order to comply with Euro IV standard

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Pero kung hindi naman i-modify, gaganda parin naman yung performance nung engine..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Euro IV compliance = high cost.
    Euro IV + DOE implementation = angry PUVs.
    Euro IV + DOE - price = angry Big 3.

We're getting nowhere. *sigh

I hope this doesn't end up like the Biofuels law. Crappy gasoline since 2009.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hmmmm

Bakit hindi yung Petron TD at Shell VP Diesel nalang ang gawing EURO IV?

Para everybody happy?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Hmmmm

Bakit hindi yung Petron TD at Shell VP Diesel nalang ang gawing EURO IV?

Para everybody happy?
    kung ganyana ang gagawin sir SG, lalapit kaya ang price ng EURO IV diesel sa price ng gasolina? or mga ilang dagdag kaya from the current price ng VP diesel at TD?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    Biodiesel na lang. Renewable pa. Pag me seaoil na me biodiesel yun ang niloload ko. Problem is ang layo na mga seaoil na stations.
    The problem is most crdi cars like the BMW discourages the use of biodiesel (you can see the warning on the fuel cap) since it does not make the particulate filter reach it's best operating temperature to burn up the exhaust particles.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Sulfur is used to lubricate fuel system, thats why in countries having ULSD or higher Euro compliance, they encounter premature damage to fuel system because of lack of lubrication.
    This is actually the explanation given by Toyota for the premature failure of their Denso pumps back when Euro II standards were implemented. (And they weren't the only ones who suffered... it's just that their problem was more visible) Supposedly, newer Euro II blends avoid this, but only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    *Anyone from Shell/Petron/Chevron: How much would Euro IV diesel be at the local pumps?
    I think I've heard it would cost as much as gasoline or a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    *niky
    Do you think the contamination is a distribution/storage problem? If that's the case baka kahit Euro IV ang ibenta nila dito magka contamination pa din even if it gets here from the plant clean as a whistle.
    Definitely. Actually, most of the contamination is likely on the station side.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Ano?

Have you owned a car with a CRDi engine?
    Yes, its commonrail engine but not piezo electric injector yet..
    My point is, there are no disadvantages mechanically in CRDI by using 500ppm sulfured diesel in fact everybody is using it.

Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    No. For an engine to be EuroIV compliant, it must burn lean using CRDI technology.To cut-down NOX, EGR is installed this re-burn unburned gasses. To further burn particles, catalytic converter is placed in the exhaust. Both EGR and Catalyst are disadvantageous to the egnine.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Definitely. Actually, most of the contamination is likely on the station side.
    The real problem is fuel contamination. When we say dirty diesel, it may mean 2 things. One is high sulfur which when burned turns into ash-a known carcinogen. Two - contamination from the pumps like water, dirt, sludge, etc. which is more likely the cause of most fuel-system failure. The lubrication issue is addressed by additives, what additives?-only the oil co.knows..

I like the way they do it in europe. They provide diesel for industrial machineries usually dyed in red, regular cars use pricey diesel. High penalty applies if you are caught being red in the tank. Hope our govt could come up similar to this (to isolate the jeepneys)

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by zner2525 View Post
    kung ganyana ang gagawin sir SG, lalapit kaya ang price ng EURO IV diesel sa price ng gasolina? or mga ilang dagdag kaya from the current price ng VP diesel at TD?
    Sa ibang bansa parang piso lang ang diperensya sa presyo ng Diesel at Gas.

I don't mind paying that much. Basta para sa kotse ko..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Diesel sa Pinas (the untold story now an article in the PDI, October 20, 2010)