New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Thanks Jim. There is a good discussion on how to purge your diesel engine using this product through the fuel line in this link:

http://www.mindspring.com/~houlihan/merc/purge.htm

Liqui-moly is marketed as Lubro-moly in US and Canada.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    For everyone trying the product out, thank you! Let us know the results.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by notEworthy27
    For everyone trying the product out, thank you! Let us know the results.
    Oct 3, 2004 Jackaroo created this thread and since then wala naman syang nai-post na negative...

malamang ok

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hmmm...mukha nga. ma try na nga!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i was just wondering if most of you who tested this product used it directly to the fuel line or mixed it with fuel in the tank. wouldn't using it directly introduce air to the fuel system kapag tinanggal mo na yung fuel line from/return to tank? or would the effect be negligible?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Just wanted to share the results when I tested the product last saturday. As instructed on the can, i used it directly on the injection pump --- I placed the fuel intake and the fuel return hoses from the injection pump into the can of Diesel Purge. After that, I started the engine and then revved it at various RPMs. I continued doing so until the contents of the 500ml can was almost empty. When done, i reconnected the hoses back to the mail line. To answer Ram's question, air pockets created when connecting/reconnection the fuel hoses didn't seem to have negative effects. All-in-all, my personal observation is that there was a slight improvement on idling, vibration, emission, and response. The engine seems to run a bit quieter than before. I think that my engine can improve a bit more. According to the instructions on the can, if the nozzles/pump are really dirty, (which I suspect my nozzles are), you may need to use a second 500ml can of Diesel Purge. I only used one can.

One thing to note was that the main ingredient of Diesel Purge is Naptha. Just a background, there are two ways to produce biodiesel. The most common is transesterification and the other is hydrotreating tree oils. One of the main components in hydrotreating tree oils is Naptha. I personally suspect that Diesel Purge is just another Biodiesel---a B100. If you smell the product, it smells like biodiesel.

If you weigh the cost, it would be better to use 100% local biodiesel (B100) same way you do when using Diesel Purge in cleaning your injectors/pumps (direct to the fuel line). The 500ml can costs P220 at Planet Lube. IF it is your first time to use it, you may need 2 cans. That will be P440. A liter on SENBEL biodiesel is only P66. Chemrez's BD is P125.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Fuego 4x2: Where did you buy the Diesel Purge? Planet Lube? Where is Planet lube?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    It's located in the BIR bldg West Avenue. I'm not sure what floor. I think it's the 15th. You can call Planet lubricants at 373-9337, look for teresa or jenny.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Mixed a whole 500ml can of diesel purge in my LC fuel tank prior to a long trip. Engine was quieter at speed, idling smoother.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Diesel Purge- diesel injector cleaner