New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi! Just wondering if any of you guys mix in kerosene with your diesel when you fill up your tanks? I heard some diesel benz owners do this to get a smoother ride? Is that true or is that an urban myth?

I heard about bio diesel and its benefits but i heard about the kerosene mix first and i still hear it up to now. Can anyone verify? any pros and cons?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Diesel is kerosene with oil.
    Jet fuel is kerosene.
    Unlike jet engines/turbines the diesel engines has lots of moving parts in its pumps and injectors that needs to be lubricated if not it will wear easily.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Naitanong ko iyan sa isang driver ng van. Para daw di mausok at malakas ang hatak.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrider88 View Post
    Hi! Just wondering if any of you guys mix in kerosene with your diesel when you fill up your tanks? I heard some diesel benz owners do this to get a smoother ride? Is that true or is that an urban myth?

I heard about bio diesel and its benefits but i heard about the kerosene mix first and i still hear it up to now. Can anyone verify? any pros and cons?
    there has been an existing thread about this.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...light=kerosene

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    Diesel + Kerosene = Busted Injector = Happy Calibration Shops = Angry Vehicle Owner

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks XTO. That was really an old thread. 4 years old. Anyway I picked this link up in that thread you sent just in case others are interested in this topic.

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/m...and_diesel.htm

Funny, because some Mercedes Benz and VW tdi manuals advise you to add kerosene to the diesel tank.

Diesel + kerosene fuel mix