New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Back in 2003 diesel was 22% less than gasoline. Now its like 3% na lang and for sure will surpass gasoline by around P5-P6 if the government does not intervene. But if the government intervenes maybe a little less than P5 maybe P3 more than gasoline.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Tama ka sir Happy Gilmore kung mag isa ka palagi ang work home work lang e talagang gas/lpg talaga ang ok.

You didnt get my point entirely. that for someone to know which is better either gas or diesel he has to consider these 3 things: usage, mileage and ownage ownership pala hehe ( how long he plans to own the vehicle ). that will weigh on his decision.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    For me its always a diesel fed engine. Especially nowadays that they introduce crdi vgt engines. Diesel cars cost a lot more expensive than its gasoline counterparts but the FC of a gas fed engine is so low that it will just negate your savings. Just think of it why are cabs nowadays uses accent instead of the vios. Cab operators and drivers should know best because they are usually on the streets. These drivers prefer the accent better for its FC and its power. They can get better FC without compensating the power output of their ride.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^Even with an LPG kit? I doubt if the Accent can beat a Vios with LPG with LPG costing half that of diesel... And times have change, diesel will cost more than gasoline sigurado na yan... So isa na lang lamang mo sa diesel which is the FC pero that has to be backed up with your mileage. Eh kung katulad ko 6000 a year impossible na talaga ang diesel makahabol in the long run. While gas can claim to have cheaper maintenance cost, cheaper car, and slightly cheaper fuel.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mschumacher View Post
    For me its always a diesel fed engine. Especially nowadays that they introduce crdi vgt engines. Diesel cars cost a lot more expensive than its gasoline counterparts but the FC of a gas fed engine is so low that it will just negate your savings. Just think of it why are cabs nowadays uses accent instead of the vios. Cab operators and drivers should know best because they are usually on the streets. These drivers prefer the accent better for its FC and its power. They can get better FC without compensating the power output of their ride.
    I guess those operators who chooses diesel fed Hyundai Accent did not think that diesel fuel will cost more in the near future. What if the diesel price really gone beyond the means of operating those cabs to a profitable margin?.., guess it would be hard to find cab drivers who will take the risk of short income. It would be like a gas fed cab that cab drivers would not dare to rent.

I believe these operators of Accent cabs will not last long, due to high maintenance. Imagine how much to fix a common rail assembly??? or fixing sensors and ECU. It is not like the old school diesel cab like Isuzu Gemini that can be fixed per nozzle and has simple electronics.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    dear sirs - i know this i o.t., but am curious lang po...hope the mods dont mind,

di ba po mas mataas operating temperatures pag lpg ginagamit? wont it shorten the engine life (or that of its components - like the pumps, gaskets, etc...)?

salamat po...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    rst619 is correct, depends on where the vehicle will be used.....

parang baril po, you dont use a machine gun kung iisa lang po ang target - that is a job for a sniper rifle....likewise, you do not use a sniper rifle in cqc (close quarter combat), you use an mp5 or pdw

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    [SIZE=2]for me it really depends on your requirements. if i were to buy a family car then i would choose a diesel for its torque, fc and engine longetivity. but if im buying my personal car then it would definitely be gas so i could drive it fast and gas engines sound much better than diesel engines when revved, way way cooler than your everyday workhorse diesel clatters. cars you would want to have gas engines are porsches, ferraris, aston martins, zondas, tvr's, corvettes, mustangs, etc etc etc. for diesel engine cars they would be the trucks of all kinds, pick ups, vans and suv's.[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i saw a "smart" two seater car this am (this is the similar model to that 2 seater "swatch" and mercedes benz brand) - how much does a unit like this cost? is it commercially available here?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Used to be. Not any more. Mercedes lost quite a bit of money on the "Smart" because they went overboard and re-engineered absolutely everything from the ground up. But they sold the concern, and there's a new company making them.

Back in 2001 or so, they still had them, I think. Were selling for around 1m for the Smart ForTwo and about 1.5m for the Coupe. This was when top-of-the-line compacts were selling for just 800k pesos.

A lot of money for something so small, eh?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
diesel or gas