New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    yikes! i wonder what engine it runs on...di ba pag lesser materials, lesser cost? hmmmm...any idea on its fc?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nameless411 View Post
    yikes! i wonder what engine it runs on...di ba pag lesser materials, lesser cost? hmmmm...any idea on its fc?
    800cc, three cylinder engine. Rear drive. New ones are 1000cc, I think.

The Smart ForTwo is tiny, using less materials, but the amount of engineering that went into it is immense. MB designed a very strong crash structure, in order to make it safe to drive on the road beside your typical 4-ton SUV. They designed their own wheels and wheel sizes (instead of just using parts from the A-Class, which would have made more sense) so that the wheels would be the exact right size... it has a robotized-manual gearchange (in other words, clutch-type, but automatic) and an available diesel (though from what I remember, the local offerings were gasoline).

A Smart ForTwo, thus, is a car you could park in half the space... drank little gas (though its EPA ratings aren't really spectacular) and has better crash ratings than many trucks. But it's not that cheap to make one, and as a CBU here, it's pretty expensive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I think I will try Diesel Car SUV this time considering the longer FC milleage , since I"ve own Gas Fed Cars from years . I think Diesel P49.50 is Lesser by P1 compaired to the Premuim Gasoline

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    By the way sa Unioil unleaded is now cheaper by P1 than diesel. Cause they cut the unleaded price by P3 and diesel only by P2.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    diesel has its advantages when in traffic. the fc is consistent unlike with gasoline powered ones. your fc can drop to half lalo na kung naka-AT. but diesel A/T, i have to say consistent in bumper in bumper.

if we're going to weigh overall, gasoline is cheaper to maintain that diesel. i only love my santa fe bec. it looks good and I dont regret having it even if diesel will become P5 more expensive than gasoline.

but if i'm going to buy another suv today, I'll get the crv definitely. light SUVs and fuel-efficient new generation engine, that's the way to go. the body of the Ford Edge is also nice. sana they bring it here.

crossover gasoline suvs are best for city driving in the metro. magaan, manueverable, fuel-efficient and of course, futurustic ang dating. kasi it's like morph of an aerodynamic sedan and an suv.

nissan rogue

mazda cx-7

ford edge

ford kuga

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Gas/petrol pa din for me, but if it's the latest diesel engines from Audi, BMW or Mercedes ay ibang usapan na yun

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
diesel or gas