New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by medyas View Post
    With a 620 mile range without refueling
    And to think I went on a 480 mile trip the other day, without refueling, with AC at full blast, with an averate speed of 70mph, in the middle of the 100 degree F desert, with 4 adults and a baby, plus a full trunk! 26MPG

All in my humble 24 year old w123...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ceramic? Depends on the price. Remember, we're talking economical mass-market engines here.

It's been decades since Audi and Honda pioneered aluminum use (Audi claims the feat, but Honda was first with the NSX... just like direct injection... Audi claims to have pioneered it, but Mitsubishi has had GDi for a looooong time), but we still aren't driving around aluminum cars. It's only within the 90's that manufacturers started using aluminum in engines extensively, and the effect is still trickling down to the mass market.

Granted, we can make terrific diesel blocks with existing materials, but the question is always: how much will it cost?

That's why, despite my wishing otherwise, my car doesn't have a titanium exhaust and engine internals, carbon-fiber body panels, titanium suspension components and carbon-ceramic brakes...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Diesel Dreams