New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ I know the traditional way is more accurate as compared to the LCD monitors and will try it for more valid results .

As regards to the LCD monitor, it is not my habit to reset everytime I fill up. Actually, I haven't reset it for about 6 months and at the same time, used only Caltex, therefore it is the observed average FC (10.2-10.5 km/L). Then when I changed to Petron when my tank was almost empty, I also did not reset. The observed average fuel consumption for the past 3-4 weeks is 11-11.4 km/L, still no reseting. Same driver, same style of driving. Would that be less valid?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    shell po ako e, maybe it is time to try iba naman, BIODIESEL? yunpo ba yun deisel na may 1% Biodiesel, or it is something else, where po available yun, kasi alam ko may mix na 1% yun diesel natin sa mga diesel natin sa regular gas station e.. tnx

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    are there studies made on this? making comparisons with fuel brand? higher FC means bigger savings in the long run. hope somebody can validate this claim. after all, it will be beneficial to all of us.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by reilley View Post
    shell po ako e, maybe it is time to try iba naman, BIODIESEL? yunpo ba yun deisel na may 1% Biodiesel, or it is something else, where po available yun, kasi alam ko may mix na 1% yun diesel natin sa mga diesel natin sa regular gas station e.. tnx
    While the law requires a 1% blend, apparently there is a less known sub-clause or something that states they can blend as low as .7%

This being the case, there are no gas companies actually dispensing diesel with true 1% biodiesel blend.

If you want to play around to find out your ideal percentage blend, you can buy biodiesel from dealers and blend yourself.

Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Diesel brand fuel consumption