New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Guys, tanong lang po.

I've been using only Caltex for about 6 months now and have been happy with the power that I get. My fuel consumption for my strada based on the LCD monitor has been a consistent 10.5km/L mixed city and hwy. Then, a few weeks ago, I decided to try Petron. After a while, I noticed that the FC, again based on the LCD monitor, became 11-11.4 km/L. I monitored it for a few more days, same driver and same driving style, and it has become consistently like that. So now, I've switched to Petron.

Ganyan din ba observation niyo?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    Guys, tanong lang po.

I've been using only Caltex for about 6 months now and have been happy with the power that I get. My fuel consumption for my strada based on the LCD monitor has been a consistent 10.5km/L mixed city and hwy. Then, a few weeks ago, I decided to try Petron. After a while, I noticed that the FC, again based on the LCD monitor, became 11-11.4 km/L. I monitored it for a few more days, same driver and same driving style, and it has become consistently like that. So now, I've switched to Petron.

Ganyan din ba observation niyo?
    sa amin we get better mileage using Petron Diesel...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Before I switched to biodiesel long ago, the best mileage figures I had were with Petron Diesel Max.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    petron din ako

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yes... it makes sense now. I thought pscho thing lang yun... kayo rin pala...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i've been using shell for my drive.. haven't tried caltex or petron yet unless i have no choice for my empty tank... i need a better km/L fuel diesel.. so time to shift fuel brand? tnx

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nasubukan ko na yung apat Shell, Caltex, Petron, Unioil. Napapaabot ko ng 16 km/l sa Petron diesel max, sa Shell, Caltex and Unioil hanggang 14km/l lang.

Pero pinakagusto kong ilagay ngayon yung Diesel ng Unioil mas tahimik kasing makina, hindi maugong at mas magandang humatak.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    sa akin shell pa lang pero okay naman ang FC ko

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Is biodiesel better than the regular diesel we get from the big 3? in terms of fuel consumption.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Those electronic fuel monitors are really neat but if I still prefer to do it the traditional way of filling the tank up, refill then compute.

I simply think it's a lot more accurate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Diesel brand fuel consumption